338 rum brass

Beggers can't be Choosey...better get a move on in a hurry if your in need..if 300 brass is hard to find I can't imagine what finding 338 rum is like...I would think not many can handle shooting this bad boy much so a 100 would last many moons !

There are different opinions on the hardness of different brass. Some say nosler is soft, but I have a friend with 14 firings on his 338 rum with 91 grs of H1000 and 300 gr sierra match kings. The nosler brass is expensive at 55-65.00 per 25. The Bertram is 29.99 for 20, more than the remington brass was, but good luck finding it. Defensive edge uses Bertram brass for their 338 edge and I have heard it is really good.

Here is a couple 300 ultra brass that I cross sectioned. Left is Remington brass and right is Norma. Not sure if Bertram in 300 ultra is thicker or not but I have other caliber in it and it is even thicker.

Attachments

• 300 brass.jpg
    300 brass.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 129
There are different opinions on the hardness of different brass. Some say nosler is soft, but I have a friend with 14 firings on his 338 rum with 91 grs of H1000 and 300 gr sierra match kings. The nosler brass is expensive at 55-65.00 per 25. The Bertram is 29.99 for 20, more than the remington brass was, but good luck finding it. Defensive edge uses Bertram brass for their 338 edge and I have heard it is really good.

Although I would love to try some Bertram 338 RUM brass, there is nothing wrong with the Nosler 338 RUM that is more available. I've got a dozen reloads on my first set of 25 Noslers and the pockets are still holding.

Although I would love to try some Bertram 338 RUM brass, there is nothing wrong with the Nosler 338 RUM that is more available. I've got a dozen reloads on my first set of 25 Noslers and the pockets are still holding.

I'm also getting 12+ firings out of my 338 RUM Nosler brass shooting 300 grain pills. overall very happy with this brass. Good news is Nosler just built a brand new factory to manufacture brass and ammo up in Redmond. il hoping this means all Nosler brass will be in stock very soon, and I would think this would include 300 RUM brass.

I'm also getting 12+ firings out of my 338 RUM Nosler brass shooting 300 grain pills. overall very happy with this brass. Good news is Nosler just built a brand new factory to manufacture brass and ammo up in Redmond. il hoping this means all Nosler brass will be in stock very soon, and I would think this would include 300 RUM brass.

I just picked up 3 boxes of of noslers in 338 RUM. Going to start load development with 300 grain hybrids. I've read that I should back off a few grains from any Remington brass load. Is there any truth to this? I was only getting 6 loads out of my Remington brass before the primer pockets wouldn't hold a primer. If you are really getting 12 reloads I'll shut up and let Nosler take my money!

I bought 3 boxes of nosler brass also and then I found the Bertram. My Bertram arrived in the mail today. I have heard to back off a little on first firing of the nosler brass when compared to remington brass. Maybe the first firing work hardens the brass a bit to make it tougher. I have a friend who has around 12 firings in his 338 rum with the nosler brass and his load is 91 grs of H1000 with a 300 gr sierra matchking.

I was going to post that I found the brass on Grafs. Someone beat me to it.

I just ordered 200 cases from Grafs for a 338 RUM build. Zero experience with Bertram but ordered based on the reviews of the 338 Edge brass they make. My assumption is it will be the same. At 200 order quantity, it's $1.35/case vs. the $2.68/case for the Nosler (Grafs current price).

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts