338 edge

101sniper

burdy2126.jpg

This is my 338 EDGE built by Kevin Cram who owns Montour County Rifles in P.A.. It has a Stillers precision action, Brux barrel with a 1-10 twist and a six flute pattern, Muscle brake muzzle breake, Jeweled trigger, Bell and Carlson Medalist Tactical stock and a Night Force NXS 8x32x56 scope and rings ontop of a 20MOA rail. I have only had the oppertunity to shoot it at 500y and with only 90 rounds down the pipe it shoots 2" three round groups at that distance. Many thanks to Kevin. This boom stick rocks!!

Very nice rig and sounds like a shooter!
What contour and length is the barrel and what does the rifle weigh including scope?

The rifle weighs about 14lbs thats with a cheap bathroom scale. It has the #10 contour 1.250 at chamber and .930 at muzzle its 28" long. Haveing alot of trouble finding some place to shoot this up here that is over 500-600 yards. Thats the reason for the low number of rounds. I think it will shoot better just need somplace to do it.Thanks for the look bud.
Brandon

Great looking setup. I have a ridiculous question, considering your rifle's boomer heritage, but...how's the recoil?

Congrats on a well thought out rig!

Matt

Thanks Matt, to be honest with you I love heavy recoil weapons I dont know why but i think it started when I was about 10 or 11 I talked my dad into giving me 5 bucks so I could shoot a 458 win mag once. Wow that got me hooked. Back to your ? I would put it somewhere around a 300 win mag without a brake. It gives you a good shot but its not uncomfortable. Thanks again.

Nice looker.and hunt4fun asked the same question i was going to ask about recoil,Recoil Reducers would solve the problem if recoil is a problem as some do not like the kick.
But again great looking rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.