338 edge reloading

steevo

seeing I really cant find anyone that sells 338 edge ammo, I guess I'm going to have to reload it.....wold have liked to buy 40 or so rounds to get started before reloading

I have found the brass for sale, and the dies.... most of what I see people have reloaded this has a pretty long overall length....

is there anyone loading these in a length that will fit in a 338 lapua cip mag from accuracy or accurate ?

I haven't actually bought a chassis yet, so if its not worth loading them to fit in a mag I can still buy a normal stock.... but would really like to put in a chassis......

seeing I really cant find anyone that sells 338 edge ammo, I guess I'm going to have to reload it.....wold have liked to buy 40 or so rounds to get started before reloading

I have found the brass for sale, and the dies.... most of what I see people have reloaded this has a pretty long overall length....

is there anyone loading these in a length that will fit in a 338 lapua cip mag from accuracy or accurate ?

I haven't actually bought a chassis yet, so if its not worth loading them to fit in a mag I can still buy a normal stock.... but would really like to put in a chassis......

With the 300gr Accubond or Berger, I cannot load a bullet so the heal doesn't protrude below the shoulder and have them fit in ANY magazine available.
This is how my rifle is throated.
I single load.
I don't know if this helps you, but most Edge rifles require single loading due to the overall length issue.

Cheers.
gun)

I run the 225ttsx and 250gr accubond to fit stndard rem mag length, which gives them lots of jump but they shoot well at that length. I hunt with a rifle loaded with them and switch to my 300gr berger load if I am going to shoot at more than 300-350 yards. My coal with the bergers is 4.010" so they are single load only. My gun is zero'd at 100 yards with the bergers, which puts the ttsx just a hair under 2" high at 100 so the combo works out well for me.

thanks for all the info....

I just went to bergers website and they have a few loads listed for the 250 gr and 300 gr and they all show an overall length of 3.6"

seems most of these would work fine mag fed........ I guess if the chassis doesn't end up working I can switch to a regular stock......

off to find some reloading dies and brass..

thanks
steve

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.