338 Edge reloading dies

Buster95

I'm new here so hello everyone :)

For the 338 Edge do you need a 3-piece dies set or 2-piece set is ok? I have some experience in reloading (.223. 357 mag and .308) but not with big calibers.

The edge is not a standard round..... Its all dependant on the reamer used to chamber the barrel. If possible consult the smith that made the gun.

I use a set of Lee 338RUM dies along with a RCBS 375RUM FL die that has the expander removed.

The 338 FL die is used to neck size and shoulder bump.

The 338 Seating die for bullet seating.

The 375 die for full length sizing.

I can tell you from my own experience to spend the money and buy the Redding (or Whidden) FL bushing die with the competition seating die. When I built my Edge, I was on a budget and ordered the standard set of Redding 338 Edge dies. They were about $100 cheaper. As time went on, I added a micrometer top to the seating die and had the standard FL die modified into a bushing die. Now I have about the same money into my dies and still don't have a competition type seating die.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.