338 Edge on bull elk 1435

Great shooting and great story. I noticed you said you are going to upgrade your rangefinder soon. I am in the process of deciding what rf I'm going with. The g7 is very tempting and I'm having a hard time deciding between that and the terrapin. I already run a ballistic program and the terrapin isn't that much more $. The g7 worked great for you obviously but I still find myself favoring the terrapin simply because everyone says for ranging its flat out the best. So I was just curious why you felt the need to upgrade your rangefinder?

I am going to get a terrapin. I keep stretching out the yardages and need something that will keep up. I will keep the g7 just because it giving the output data is great for inside 1400 and hold 5 different guns. I will run my terrapin with a trimble nomad, as well. Thanks

Thanks for sharing your story and photos. EXCELLENT shooting and great gear.

Love those Berger bullets.

I have a Browning A-Bolt in .300 Win. Mag that I will handload with Berger's 210 gr. "Match Hunting Bullets" for next year's hunting season.

Berger's 30 caliber, 230 gr. Hybrid Tactical pills are great for competition in my HS Precision target rifle. They push the transonic/subsonic distance out further.

Your .338 Edge is a great cartridge for lots of energy past 1,000 yards.

Thanks a lot lite,

I have been interested in people playing a little with shooting the target and hunting. I really think there are time the target has a place and then the hunting as well. I wish you the best of luck and will watch for the updates.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.