input on a 338 edge elr bench gun

Because if you truly love ELR at some point you will want to go further. Dosent matter if you have 100 min of available dial or 200. Sooner or later you'll want more. May as well start with as much as possible so not to have to upgrade down the line. Again jmo
This advice will save you money down the road, it's sound.

geeezz will you guys quit ??
you do not read
at 2k i am at 70 and i have 90 plus to play with....70 is no where near the end.
the 7x35 is the big brotheer of the 5-22...i expect the same.
the numbers say almost the same
call back when i have a gun on the bench

this guessing is not fun.

for the record..all of my long range rifles have EXCEEDED my original guestimations.

Your gonna need 68 ish to get to 2000 , with 70 dial your out and looking through the edge of your scope. I have a pretty fast edge and 70 is barely enough, what if your barrel is slow??

You said you are using an ATACR F1 so you have additional hold in the reticle plus the rail and whatever you dial, correct ?

well i was ready to order my reamer, but am now waiting on some ADG brass to see
how it compares to the bertram i already have.

Let us know what you find out with the ADG VS Bertram brass. I have ADG but not Bertram.

Why would you give up action stiffness with a 2 port? In a 6mm br I can see it but in a 95+ grain cartridge I would think your at a disadvantage unless your trying to run through a condition faster.
For a brake take a look at David Tubb's new brake. He is using it on his 37XC which has about a 30 grain capacity advantage to a lapua

i understand your thinking, but go look at the action.
it weighs 47.5 oz and
is 1.4" across with a flat bottom

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts