338 Edge

Side note
the Boring rifles break is the loudest break I've ever had the misfortune of shooting.
My Sordin ear muffs were not enoug, needed plugs and muffs.
Anyone ever had one of these breaks?
was also shooting a 7 mag with a regular side port and it was about half as loud seemingly lol…

It's not just the Boring brake which loud, most of them are, by design.

I've been wearing muffs and plugs for the last 2 decades trying to preserve my hearing. The plugs are well made commercial ear appliances not those squishy little cylinders... I spend lots of my time at my range shooting rifles from mouse-like to the excessively loud, always with proper protection. Like your eyes, you only get one shot (😄) at protecting your hearing and you need to practice that protection every day. In the shop I wear electronic plugs to fend off those often irritating constant motor noises.

Whats everyone's thoughts on the badlands precision bulldozer for that 1000 plus terminal performance.
I have mixed feelings about the monos at those 1000 yd plus situations…

I suggest calling Badlands for a discussion regarding your thoughts. They are the designers and manufacturers.
https://badlandsprecision.com/sectional-density-expansion-and-penetration-of-all-copper-bullets/

Enjoy the process!

:)

338 edge with 265 CEB Lazers at 100 yd group
5E257220-6AE9-434C-A7CE-C6015684287B.jpeg

I think you found a Load !

Also your thoughts on the CE Lazer bullet.
I want to try some 350 gr In my new 375 Rum .

Rum Man
Very consistent. Velocity was 3009 out a 28" carbon barrel. Velocity was 3009 to 3011 in that group. That was 3 shots. CE gave me some data and recommended me to try the 265's. Just got to get out and stretch its legs now. My kid has been shooting it lately and said don't change anything. Lol.

I have a box of the 252 gr Ce for my 338 edge but haven't tryed them yet .

Rum Man
Ok. I started with 275's and they shot well, but was looking at the twist on my barrel and decided to try what CE recommended. And it came to life quick. Shooting N570 94 grains. 215 primer. Used Norma brass. Coal 4.210" using a Proof barrel.

Mine is a 30 " steel barrel and for target only so far . I have plenty other 338's for my hunting needs .

Rum Man

Good to see another good report on the cutting edge.
Once it cools off down here in lower arizona I'll get back to the long range stuff…hopefully in the next couple weeks.

Anyone tried that Winchester staball HD powder in a big 338 ywt??

Good to see another good report on the cutting edge.
Once it cools off down here in lower arizona I'll get back to the long range stuff…hopefully in the next couple weeks.

Anyone tried that Winchester staball HD powder in a big 338 ywt??
I picked up 8lbs on a hunch..hopefully it works in somthing I got

Ok thanks for th info.

I really would love to run the KRG Chassis
But…maybe the cip length would not be long enough…?
C.I.P. is generally plenty! If you EVER want to go longer you can single feed a few! Take a good long look at COAL for your everyday needs and it should help with your decision...just me!

Last edited:

Recent Posts