.338 EDGE (New Zealand)

I set up a few loads into batches and thought I would combine the barrel break in with hope of finding a good velocity and accuracy combined.

Started at 92gn of Hogdon H1000, CCI 250 Primer and got this group, barrel had a good scrub first so first shot went astray, next two were right on top of each other. Velocity was around the 2780fps mark so not worth pursuing.
P1000059Small.jpg

Next was 93gn and I let my mate Chris do this group as he was pretty interested in the Edge especially since his long range rig is a girly 280AI! Again the barrel was scrubbed and cleaned with Butches Boreshine and Boretech Eliminator.

The first shot flew again but the next three settled into an okay sort of group, Chris felt that his shooting was not the best either so maybe it can do better. Muzzle velocity is around the 2805 fps mark
P1000058Small.jpg

Next was 94gn after another clean out, again first shot a bit high then next three settled down into a 0.504 group. MV was averaging at 2830 so that will do me velocity wise.
P1000057Small.jpg

It looks with the hotter loads I should take of .5 MOA if I have a shot to take after cleaning the barrel, will test that theory at longer ranges when weather clears up.

I got some video footage which I am having trouble with as its in an odd format.

DUH, shame its so hard to get rifles into Australia, would love to have a crack at some of your pet Sambar with my Edge!

Cheers, Steve

I set up a few loads into batches and thought I would combine the barrel break in with hope of finding a good velocity and accuracy combined.

Started at 92gn of Hogdon H1000, CCI 250 Primer and got this group, barrel had a good scrub first so first shot went astray, next two were right on top of each other. Velocity was around the 2780fps mark so not worth pursuing.
P1000059Small.jpg

Next was 93gn and I let my mate Chris do this group as he was pretty interested in the Edge especially since his long range rig is a girly 280AI! Again the barrel was scrubbed and cleaned with Butches Boreshine and Boretech Eliminator.

The first shot flew again but the next three settled into an okay sort of group, Chris felt that his shooting was not the best either so maybe it can do better. Muzzle velocity is around the 2805 fps mark
P1000058Small.jpg

Next was 94gn after another clean out, again first shot a bit high then next three settled down into a 0.504 group. MV was averaging at 2830 so that will do me velocity wise.
P1000057Small.jpg

It looks with the hotter loads I should take of .5 MOA if I have a shot to take after cleaning the barrel, will test that theory at longer ranges when weather clears up.

I got some video footage which I am having trouble with as its in an odd format.

DUH, shame its so hard to get rifles into Australia, would love to have a crack at some of your pet Sambar with my Edge!

Cheers, Steve

Steve,

Looks like you have a shooter mate !

You wont have much problem coming in from NZ with a gun. Unless something I dont know about has changed ?

I'll sure put a hole in a Sika at a 1000 yards !

Thats bound to put a smile on your face.

DUH

Interesting clip,

The brake seems to work very well. The front rest looks a bit soft? All you need now is a big stag up on that hill.

Video clips are great, you can learn a lot about your shooting style by examining a vodeo clip like this and replaying it a few times!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.