.338 EDGE (New Zealand)

Steve7mm08

Well my New Zealand built 338 Edge arrived yesterday.

Broughton 5c 1:10 5.75 Heavy Varmint Contour, 30" finished
HS Precision stock from Sendero SF2
Remington LA
Holland Recoil Lug
APS Painkiller brake
Wyatts extended mag box
Nightforce Ultralight rings
Leupold Mark 4 6.5-20x50 TMR

Builder was the Precision Rifle Division of NZ Hunter who is run by Greg Duley (NZ Longranger on here)

P1000041Small.jpg

P1000042Small.jpg

P1000043Small.jpg

P1000044Small.jpg

P1000045Small.jpg

Your rifle is just flat-out bad-***! Shooting a great big bad-*** cartridge! What will you hunt with it?

Be sure to post your shooting results. It's always nice to know that a beautiful rifle can shoot.

Cheers fellas, the overall weight with scope and 9-13 bipod is 13lb.

This will be used for all sorts, mainly long range deer, chamois and Tahr. Of course will have to partake in shooting some rabbits at long range, goats, pigs and wallabies etc

Coming up to our coldest part of winter so will spend a bit of time practising, our spring which is late October onwards will see it getting some serious use. Usually my winter trips are local day hunts so it should get blooded soon enough

Great looking rifle.
I am having one built just like it, should be ready soon.
Seeing yours just makes me start chomping at the bit!

Out of interest, what is the overall length of your rifle?

I suddenly realised that my new rifle may be too long to fit in my gun safe?

What sort of bag or case do you transport your rifle in. A standard rifle case will not fit "hey"

I havent measured it but its long! too long for my hard case, too long for the gunbags I own. Almost too long for the safe. I fit it across the front from one side to the other and it just fits in.

I will have to purchase a longer hard case and a long soft bag for general use

Rgds, Steve

p.s will post up some pics of range day results later on.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.