338 AM FACELIFT

Shawn Carlock

Sponsor
I admired the polished stainless BAT action from a machinists point of view but it was just to pimpy for me, you know Cadillac, a feather in the hat and I'd have been in business. How ever this is my unpimped sub 16 lb version.
338AMWEBCAMO.JPG

Hey, that color scheme and pattern look familiar! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Looks awesome Shawn!! I like the painted cheek piece. I should send mine back up and have you do it.

Shawn,

It looks like you have something on your scope between the rear rings and turrets. What is it?

So is you 338 EDGE going to be a safe queen now and the 338 AM be your main hunting rig?

Thanks

Devin

No, I'll always have a 338 Edge. The AM is a kind of special application rifle. What you see on the scope is a mount for the ACI and a low profile scope level. I am work on a lighter weight 338 Edge project. I hope to get a 30" barreled Edge ready to roll at about 11-12 lbs. This would make it the go almost every where rifle.

I saw this rifle in your shop. I made the guy behind the counter pull it out. The Pics dont do it justice. I like the ear plug storage in the floorplate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif And I'm thinkin I might have you put one of those cheek peices on my rig. excellent job Shawn!

Shawn,

Cool color scheme. I got to see this thing in pimp mode fashion in your first shooting class this year. It was alright, but I rather prefer the EDGE platform or something like Kirby's 338 x-press. This 338 AM is too much of a good thing to be dragging thru the brush down on the Joe.

I'd really like an EDGE in something weighing 11-13 lb. Portable enough, and will work at long ranges as well.

My future intentions are to have either you or Kirby do a project for me. It will be after some issue are settled in some litigation.

Take care Shawn and thanks for the class. It was great, and now my local clearcuts have plates hanging from trees and stumps, just like a Disneyland for adults.

[ QUOTE ]
I hope to get a 30" barreled Edge ready to roll at about 11-12 lbs. This would make it the go almost every where rifle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that sounds intriguing! I don't mind the weight on mine too much. It can be a pain to lug around, but it sure is stable when you go to shoot it, partly because of the heavier weight.

How many rifles have you done in that paint scheme? It looks a little darker than mine. Is it the same colors as you used on mine?

Devin

Shawn,

I would have to agree with you. I had to matte finsih my rifle for the same reason. As show piece the polished finish looks great but as a working rifle, just does not fit the bill.

I have been thinking about sending my barreled receiver down to you for a coat of flat black. Waiting on the new bullets from Richard, I guess I should just get her sent your way!!!

Great looking rig!!! As always.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts