338 AM FACELIFT

I have done 8-10 in snake skin and a teflon color. The one you see is in OD Green and more of a breakup color pattern on the stock. Yours of course was Coyote tan and mor eof a desert pattern.

I was wondering what colors you used on yours. At first glance it looked like tan, but the more I looked at it, the more it looked different. It's really hard to tell from the photographs. Needless to say it looks a lot better in person than in the photos.

[ QUOTE ]
I admired the polished stainless BAT action from a machinists point of view but it was just to pimpy for me, you know Cadillac, a feather in the hat and I'd have been in business. How ever this is my unpimped sub 16 lb version.
338AMWEBCAMO.JPG

[/ QUOTE ]

Shawn,

Great looking finish ! Can you tell me whats involved for you to do this finish. I really love the OD green, but I don't yet know of anyone in AUST doing it. Is it a teflon ceramic paint ? or is there an easier way. My rifle is awaiting export from the US now, but then we have to pull it all apart when it gets here and start adding bits, so I doubt I could get you to do it beforehand ? I would imagine that you would need everything ie. rings, rail etc plus all the other basics ??

Again, a great looking stick ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.