338/416 Improved

Go over to precisionlongrangehunter.com an talk to Darryl Cassel, he has alot of information on the 338-416 Rigby IMP. I have had mine for just a couple of months and would'nt trade mine for anything. Shooting the 300 smk at 3250 fps. I think D.C. is getting 3310 out of his, longer barrel and heavier gun.

Thanks a lot everyone for all info, Ive been shooting a 338 Lapua Mag for about a year on a 1.55 Bat action, Big Mac stock, Broughton 10T 1.350 down to 1.00 at 32" with brake..........wanted to switch to a 408CT or a "Snipe-tac" -408 necked down to 338 and blown out- but with lack of bullet choices for the 408 and limited brass vendors I decided to go with the 338/416 Imp. once I went up to 338 for 1000+ yards, I am never going down, just bigger and bigger /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif gotta love those 300gr Matchkings!! thanks again! any other info is always welcome

Here just a little poll, wondering what you guys liked!

Greg

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.