338-375 Ruger Demon

There is a very similar option in the 33 Sherman Magnum. It is a 338-375 Ruger improved essentially. He has JGS reamers for purchase or rent on the Sherman Wildcats website.
Only problem with his reamer, freebore is very long for 300gr bullets. I personally feel the prc parent case doesn't have the capacity to push the heavies at velocity to overtake say a 250 Berger within normal ranges, loaded at normal sane pressure levels. A 250 Berger has barely over a bullet diameter of bearing surface length. A guy could jump the 250s a long ways, or just have minimal bearing in neck to be seated at lands, which I'm not a huge fan of.

Only problem with his reamer, freebore is very long for 300gr bullets. I personally feel the prc parent case doesn't have the capacity to push the heavies at velocity to overtake say a 250 Berger within normal ranges, loaded at normal sane pressure levels. A 250 Berger has barely over a bullet diameter of bearing surface length. A guy could jump the 250s a long ways, or just have minimal bearing in neck to be seated at lands, which I'm not a huge fan of.
I think he has 2 different reamer/free bore options? One for the 300's and one for the 250's?

There is a very similar option in the 33 Sherman Magnum. It is a 338-375 Ruger improved essentially. He has JGS reamers for purchase or rent on the Sherman Wildcats website.
The 33 Sherman Mag requires custom dies and fireforming brass, just to match the case capacity of a straight 338/375 Ruger. The benefits of the improved case design can be argued, but the case capacity is still the same. The 338/375 Ruger can be loaded with a combination of a 375 Ruger body die and a set of 338 RCM dies.

And just to respond before it comes up, Hornady 375 Ruger brass is very good quality brass. I know the Sherman wildcats have ADG available and that's a selling point for a lot of people, but the Hornady 375 Ruger brass has served me well for thousands of rounds in the 375 Ruger and various wildcats built off of that case. 5-6 firings is normal with what I would consider hot loads, and 8-10 firings is normal with more reasonable loads.

The 300 prc brass can be fire formed into any of the 375 Ruger bases cases if someone is worried about brass quality Lapua and adg brass available for the prc false shoulder for the 7, neck up and jam the lands to blow the shoulder out for the 338/375. I havent had any issues with Hornady brass on my 7, or the 338, and I have built 30/338 for other clients

The 33 Sherman Mag requires custom dies and fireforming brass, just to match the case capacity of a straight 338/375 Ruger. The benefits of the improved case design can be argued, but the case capacity is still the same. The 338/375 Ruger can be loaded with a combination of a 375 Ruger body die and a set of 338 RCM dies.

And just to respond before it comes up, Hornady 375 Ruger brass is very good quality brass. I know the Sherman wildcats have ADG available and that's a selling point for a lot of people, but the Hornady 375 Ruger brass has served me well for thousands of rounds in the 375 Ruger and various wildcats built off of that case. 5-6 firings is normal with what I would consider hot loads, and 8-10 firings is normal with more reasonable loads.
I'm not vouching/pushing the 33 sm. I'm interested in it as well as a "338 prc" my smith has a reamer for. But I'm still leaning 33 nos. I personally feel everything needs "firefroming". I don't like new brass so my main load development doesn't start until atleast 1 firing anyways. So for me the fire forming thing is a mute point. I also don't mind "custom dies". Buying good dies is the same as buying good dies for a standard cartridge. The thing the 33sm might have going for it is you have a 1 stop shop for those things.

The 1 stop shop was a benefit to me. The longer freebies is appealing because I like to shoot the eld bullets and they tend to like the jump. In other cartridges I've shot at least.

But, I do agree that the difference between the SM and the Demon will be minimal if any.

I don't ever recommend my loads. I'm out elk hunting with the wife it's in the upper 80s can't remember exact charge 88 or 89grnsits compressed

She's full! I have 300 PRC that shoots 83 gr N570 with 215 Berger Hybrids. I thought that was on the full side.. Thanks again for sharing 👍🏽