33 Nosler in a early version 110?

LPC

Looking for a larger non-belted cartridge for a rebarrel in my old 1970's 110Varmint. I'm not finding a list of suitable cases that will be ok for this action. .338-.375Ruger appeals to me too. Ultimate power isn't important but I'd like a good bump up from the '06 and I've never been a fan of belts. What recommendations do you folks have?

you will be fine. the only problem is the 375 ruger brass is not very strong or consistant. look up the 30/375 SI thread lots of info on there about the brass.

Looking for a larger non-belted cartridge for a rebarrel in my old 1970's 110Varmint. I'm not finding a list of suitable cases that will be ok for this action. .338-.375Ruger appeals to me too. Ultimate power isn't important but I'd like a good bump up from the '06 and I've never been a fan of belts. What recommendations do you folks have?

That's all it matters, go for it!

LPC

Easy to make work in the 110 action. Plenty of power for anything that walks in N.A. and almost everything in Africa.

33 nosler sounds great. I like mine. Have only had it a few weeks put together. It fills a niche for me. I built mind kind of on the Winchester Laredo/Remmy sendero lines.

I wanted to shoot 250 and 265 grain bullets fast and efficiently. Have not had anytime to get out in the field and crono loads but think my 250s at maybe 2900/ and 265 LRXs at a hair over 2800fps. Just what I wanted...my buddy is doing a switch barrel one a 116...says it works great!

In the past I loved wildcats...owned 10 or so over 15 or so years..would love the challenge of rolling my own--and spending the time crafting my cases....now when I get the urge...I lay day and the urge passes.

Nothing against 338-375, but I think the 33 nosler is everything it is or could be in a factory cartridge. Just my 2 centavos...

I didn't even know the 33 Nosler existed before a day before I posted this. lol It's looking good. Just need to find a pre-fit barrel for it I can afford now maybe.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.