325 wsm

...Gotta get one of those puss pads that go over your shoulder and tame the kick a bit...
It's not about anything like that. It is to stop the bruising. I use one on long range days. 60 rounds of xx-Nosler with minimal brakes.

I shoot the 50 DTC without it.

I typically use the sissy pads during any load development. Anything and everything to improve shooter comfort is helpful in order to engrain good shooting habits, IMO.

If reduced felt recoil helps minimize my tendency to flinch while practicing, then I believe I'll be less apt to flinch during the moment of truth.

I typically use the sissy pads during any load development. Anything and everything to improve shooter comfort is helpful in order to engrain good shooting habits, IMO.

If reduced felt recoil helps minimize my tendency to flinch while practicing, then I believe I'll be less apt to flinch during the moment of truth.

Yes exactly. After a session of a light high recoil factory trigger rifle I jump on one of the full customs with x oz trigger and see just how twitchy I have become. Usually takes a few shots to relax again. You can feel your self stiffen as you get on the trigger.

Steve

Exactly..

Have you considered .338/.300 WSM?

Hi FENIX, wouldn't that be the same as a Ruger 338 rcm ?

The .338 RCM is .532" rim diameter and 30 degree shoulder angle with ~72 H20 while the .300 WSM (parent case) is .535" rim diameter and 35 degree shoulder angle with ~80.4 H20 capacity.

Here are some load with 250/300 Bergers ..

http://bergerbullets.com/Reloading_Data/338_300WSM250gr.pdf

http://www.bergerbullets.com/Reloading_Data/338_300WSM300gr.pdf

Hard to find ammo or reloading components on the shelf, very little bullet selection, kicks like a bay mule, effective range about 500 yrds.
Other than that they a super. Got one sitting on my reloading bench as we speak; low round count for all the above mentioned reasons.
300wm or 338 is a much better choice in my opinion.

I have a 375WSM on an M700 Long Action and while its not a 325WSM it certainly rocks ........... on both ends

(250gn Barnes TTSX @ 2698fps from 16 inch barrel)

The .338 RCM is .532" rim diameter and 30 degree shoulder angle with ~72 H20 while the .300 WSM (parent case) is .535" rim diameter and 35 degree shoulder angle with ~80.4 H20 capacity.

Here are some load with 250/300 Bergers ..

http://bergerbullets.com/Reloading_Data/338_300WSM250gr.pdf

http://www.bergerbullets.com/Reloading_Data/338_300WSM300gr.pdf

Thanks FEENIX, There is a difference there. If I was going to use Berger bullets I think that 338/300 wsm would be the best choice.

Hi Fellas, hey anybody have a 325 wsm if so what do you think of it. On paper it looks pretty impressive. Just kind of wondering why it never really caught on like the 270 and 300 wsm.
Did you ever get a 325wsm? I own two and love them. Powerful,accurate,light and good looking. I don't care it didn't catch on. I got plenty of brass and there are still quite a few places you can get ammo. The ammo isn't cheap but, it is available on the internet. Hendershots,Wisconsin Cartridge,Selway,Double Tapp Ammo,etc.

We loaded one for a customer, a Kimber. The rifle shoots very well with our 221g Hammer Hunter. He was able to take a very nice bull in AZ with it last fall.

In my opinion the WSM's are difficult to work with on a short action and still mag feed. Bullets wind up taking up room for powder and good performing powders all need to be compressed with not enough room to get to full potential and powders that are fast enough to fit in the case pressure out too soon. All of the WSM's that we have worked with have shot well but I am less of a fan each time I work one up.

It was a 300WSM that got us started on crimping our loads because the slightly compressed load would not stay seated without the crimp. We now crimp most all loads with very good results. So I can thank the WSM for that. :)

We have an 8mm barrel on hand waiting for a project. If it were me having the rifle built it would not be a short mag. I would build a 323-338 Lapua imp. or a 323-300 Norma Mag imp. Those two would be fantastic cartridges. The Lapua on the top end and the Norma running near Ultramag type performance but quite a bit shorter. The Norma case is what the WSM wants to be. It has the nice short fat powder column with room to seat bullets long on a standard long action. Fits much better than the RUM. Very impressive round.

If you want to stay factory with the 8mm I would go with the 8mm Remington Mag. Give you a bit better performance without the issues of the short cartridge.

Steve
LMAO- I guess it's like that when you are an expert and feel the need to split hairs. Personally I don't think I'd concern myself with more than: if it efficiently kills what I hit at any given distance I'm good to go. And: I love adding beautiful looking and great performing rifles to my collection.By far there are more practical calibers/cartridges. That depends on what you already want, need or own.

For what it's worth I have a new never fired Browning Medallion Grade 3 ( I think it's a 3) with Octagon Barrel in a 325wsm I would sell for $600 it anyone's interested. I had plans to hunt with it but decided to stay with my 300winmag. I can send pi
For what it's worth I have a new never fired Browning Medallion Grade 3 ( I think it's a 3) with Octagon Barrel in a 325wsm I would sell for $600 it anyone's interested. I had plans to hunt with it but decided to stay with my 300winmag. I can send pics.
Is this still for sale?

You might want to consider the new 338 MEGA. WSM head size with 85-86 grain capacity and 2900-3000' with a 250 Berger, depending on barrel length.
ADG Bass.