.308 Norma Mag

Junglework

I have come across a .308 Norma mag. and am attempting to build some loads I have a variety of
bullets in .30cal (175 Sierra's and 185 Berger VLD's and some 210 Bergers VLD's) what powders should I be looking at?

KurtB

I have had good luck in my 30-338 with RL19. I burn 68.5 grains behind a 200 grain sierra to get 2925 fps and very consistent accuracy. You might also try RL22. I live in the Chicago area also. Where do you shoot usually?

Junglework

Kurt, I shoot at the ISRA range in Bonfield (Out to 300yds) and have a friend in Custer Park, with a
100 yd range we use for load developement..
I have been shooting a varmint match (100-500yd) down in Effingham Il. That is what I want to tune the .308 Norma for...

Rokchukrslave

I have a 30-338, which is pretty much the same thing.
I use IMR4831 at 66.0gr. with a Berger 190 VLD. I seat them .015 into the lands and get 2960 with this load. I have been to 3000 easily but groups opened up so I backed off.
By the way I have a 30", 10 twist barrel.

Trending threads

Recent Posts

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce