300 Norma Mag

I'm building 300 NM Improved on a Surgeon XL 1581. Next will be a 7-300 NM Improved Lightweight rifle. Possibly a defiance or Razor TI. That's if Bighorn can't come up with something

Jack Lyon actions at Thompson Leh
$800 with a 20MOA rail and lug
That seems like a good deal compared to these other ones. He said the raceways are wire EDM'd that's a bonus also.

Anyone have one of these? what do you think of it?

I have 3 of these. I have held the action but not shot with it. Jack is building me 3 guns and he traded the mag bolt for lapua to build my 300 Norma. It is a ways off but I'll let you know when I get it how it shoots. On inspection of the action, it's much nicer than all my remingtons. Almost as good as my mcwhorter actions that I have. I am pleased on my first inspection.

I'm building 300 NM Improved on a Surgeon XL 1581. Next will be a 7-300 NM Improved Lightweight rifle. Possibly a defiance or Razor TI. That's if Bighorn can't come up with something

I am going to shoot this 300 for awhile..but sure think this will be a 7mm-300 imp--in the end...although about 4 years ago I swore off all wildcats-as I was spending more time making cases than shooting..I might have to have one though...

Heck my illness doesn't allow me to have anything factory anymore. I hate brass prep but necking down with a FL die and blowing the shoulder out isn't too tedious for me. Ibuprofen is cheap! Good luck with it

I am going to shoot this 300 for awhile..but sure think this will be a 7mm-300 imp--in the end...although about 4 years ago I swore off all wildcats-as I was spending more time making cases than shooting..I might have to have one though...

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.