.308 loads

kstrick

I recently got a DPMS in .308. Has anyone worked up any loads for one of these? If so, can you share some info with me.
Thanks
Ken
gun)

+1 for DPMS .308 loads. I have one with the 18 inch barrel and 1-10 twist. Thinking about using 150 gr Accubonds with Varget or RL-15. The hard part right now is finding brass!

Great choice:D

I just bought the DPMS 308B as well.

I'm shooting 44gr of Varget, 168gr Berger VLD's , Remington brass and CCI250 primers. No pressure signs at all in my rifle.

I'm getting 2660fps with the 18" barrel and it groups right at 1/2" @ 100yards while cleaning each round during break in.

Seat the bullets out as far as you mag will allow.

Thanks guys.
I have just used some Remington factory ammo so far. Getting 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards as well. I also mounted a Bushnell 3500 - 40mm with target knobs...very nice. I got a great deal on it through the Optics for sale forum. I also just picked up a 4500 - 50mm scope off of the forum as well. Haven't mounted it on anything yet.
I like Nosler ballistic tips in my bolt guns but I don't know how the tip will hold up in an automatic. I know the bullet slams into the top of the chamber throat very hard. I will have to do some experimenting.

kstrick:
If your barrel is a 1:10 twist you should have no problem stabilizing the heavy 180grain bullets.

A buddy of mine has a DPMS in 308 and he shoots the Black Hills 180 grain bullets with great accuracy out to 1k

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.