.308 Best Rounds

Thank for all the info guys. To be more specific, primary will be whitetail hunting with my Tikka t3x .308 (1:11 inch twist). Shooting capabilities are anywhere from 10-400 yards where I'm hunting.
Do you prefer complete pass through or frangible? But like others have said whitetails aren't too tough to put down. Just stay off the shoulder for the more frangible bullets and double lung and you'll be fine.

The 150's I mentioned should be perfect for that range. Only issue is that nobody had them in stock at all this year. I have in stock notifications set on every site you can imagine and nothing came up all year. I also reload but have yet to be able to duplicate that load and accuracy.

The 150's I mentioned should be perfect for that range. Only issue is that nobody had them in stock at all this year. I have in stock notifications set on every site you can imagine and nothing came up all year. I also reload but have yet to be able to duplicate that load and accuracy.
Seems like finding any bullets in stock is a real struggle right now. I'd like to have 3-4 brands I'd be confident to buy due to the fact finding them is tough. The 150's you mentioned are one of them. Will I get pass through's with that round on a whitetail?

Heartland---are you wanting factory ammo and or roll your own.

How often do you take game over 100 yards in your area?

Heartland---are you wanting factory ammo and or roll your own.

How often do you take game over 100 yards in your area?
That's what i was thinking. But in rolling hill open cornfield he could have a poke. I thought he was looking for a bullet, but it does sound like he wants ammo.

Seems like finding any bullets in stock is a real struggle right now. I'd like to have 3-4 brands I'd be confident to buy due to the fact finding them is tough. The 150's you mentioned are one of them. Will I get pass through's with that round on a whitetail?
I have shot around 7 or 8 whitetails with them the past 4 years ranging from 20 yards to 260 yards, and everyone of them have been pass throughs and none went further than 40 yards. If they dont drop on the spot they leave a pretty massive blood trail.

Ballistic Tips got a bad reputation years ago because they would tend to explode a bit. Over the past 10-15 years Nosler has been using a thicker jacket on them and they hold up really well. For whitetails I personally prefer them to accubonds.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.