300wsm tikka build help

ellison3dpro

I have a tikka t3 300wm I'm using to build a 300wsm on. I'm waiting on my carbon six 26inch 300wsm barrel to come in. I already have my stock, the stockys longrange carbon fiber. It is cut for the cdi bottom metal. My question is about the bottom metal and magazines, cdi has the option for long or short action. It's my understanding that the tikka actions are the same length. I'm guessing the bottom metal is different to account for differant size magazines. 300wsm would be short action, but would I be able to use 300wm magazines for a 300wsm, I would like to be free to seat bullets as far as I would like.

The wsm case is fatter than a win mag, not sure about the CDI but the factory LA magnum magazine will work perfectly with wsm cases if you sand the inside of the magazine with a dremmel.
You can take the bottom off the mag and sand the sides up to the bottom of the feed lips

I have a tikka t3 300wm I'm using to build a 300wsm on. I'm waiting on my carbon six 26inch 300wsm barrel to come in. I already have my stock, the stockys longrange carbon fiber. It is cut for the cdi bottom metal. My question is about the bottom metal and magazines, cdi has the option for long or short action. It's my understanding that the tikka actions are the same length. I'm guessing the bottom metal is different to account for differant size magazines. 300wsm would be short action, but would I be able to use 300wm magazines for a 300wsm, I would like to be free to seat bullets as far as I would like.
Use the WM. That's how you will get your length. Mountain Tactical makes a DB that one of my clients used and he said it worked great.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.