Tikka 300wsm Mod Suggestions

Elay Precision has, Stain Steel Springs,.. @ 1.0 to 1.5 Pounds pull wt. for, $10.00,.. SHIPPED !
Bought 2 of them, so far ! I put them in and TIGHTEN the Adj. Screw, to get, the 1.5 lb. CRISP Pull weight, that's perfect for, a "Hunting" Trigger.
I carry the Rifle with, the Magazine Loaded but, NOTHING in Chamber, til' ready to shoot, an Animal.
YUP,.. I want / need, to "see them", FIRST then, determine IF, a "Shooter" Bull / Deer then, Range them, set up Stix / Pack, work Bolt and, make the Shot

I bought a Tikka 300wsm this past year as well. The trigger spring upgrade is great and highly recommended. I added a vertical grip to stock, LA bolt stop, MTN tactical magazine, limbsaver recoil pad, threaded the barrel, and added a 4" ARCA swiss plate. I am loving the feel of the Tikka and the recoil is bad with the brake and limbsaver.

I bought a Tikka 300wsm this past year as well. The trigger spring upgrade is great and highly recommended. I added a vertical grip to stock, LA bolt stop, MTN tactical magazine, limbsaver recoil pad, threaded the barrel, and added a 4" ARCA swiss plate. I am loving the feel of the Tikka and the recoil is bad with the brake and limbsaver.
Which stock did you go with? Also, does your stock take the factory bottom metal?

Which stock did you go with? Also, does your stock take the factory bottom metal?

I am using the factory stock, it fits me well. The mtn tactical magazine fits in the same magazine well as the stock Tikka bottom metal, just allows for longer cartridge lengths. My next upgrade will by a cheek riser and then I think the fit will be nearly perfect for me!

I've now made, 3 Kydex Cheek Risers for, my Tikka's, using .093 thick, Kydex.
Look for some YouTube, Vids for "ideas" and how to, Shape, Oven Heat, Bend and Form, them.
I use 1" Velcro straps thru small "Slots" to, hold mine in place with, a piece of, contoured, and shaped, HARD Foam, under them to, "set", the correct Height for, a good, "Cheek Weld" !
ALL 3 of, my Tikka's shoot from,.. 3/8th's to 3/4 MOA ( Bullet / load dependent ) and I find, NO "need", to replace the Stocks, as they are made out of, some real, TOUGH, fairly non-bendable,.. Plastic Resin !
I think, a Stainless Steel Rifle & Rings, coupled with, Black Stocks and Scopes,.. look good, IMO
I cut, a small "U" shaped, "recess' on the top, Front of Cheek Riser for, Bolt removal.
At my Age, I have, no need of, Fancy stocks to, Keep up with, the Man bun, "Jones's".

Last edited:
I've now made, 3 Kydex Cheek Risers for, my Tikka's, using .093 thick, Kydex.
Look for some YouTube, Vids for "ideas" and how to, Shape, Oven Heat, Bend and Form, them.
I use 1" Velcro straps thru small "Slots" to, hold mine in place with, a piece of, contoured, and shaped, HARD Foam, under them to, "set", the correct Height for, a good, "Cheek Weld" !
ALL 3 of, my Tikka's shoot from,.. 3/8th's to 3/4 MOA ( Bullet / load dependent ) and I find, NO "need", to replace the Stocks, as they are made out of, some real, TOUGH, fairly non-bendable,.. Plastic Resin !
I think, a Stainless Steel Rifle & Rings, coupled with, Black Stocks and Scopes,.. look good, IMO
I cut, a small "U" shaped, "recess' on the top, Front of Cheek Riser for, Bolt removal.
At my Age, I have, no need of, Fancy stocks to, Keep up with, the Man bun, "Jones's".
I think I'm going to get the barrel threaded, upgraded bottom metal, new mags, trigger spring and the longer bolt stop. Maybe a stock pack or check riser and give that a run first. Thank you all for you input!

I think I'm going to get the barrel threaded, upgraded bottom metal, new mags, trigger spring and the longer bolt stop. Maybe a stock pack or check riser and give that a run first. Thank you all for you input!
That will be an awesome setup, if you finish off with one of the Krylon paint jobs it'll look like a custom rifle!

Which stock did you select? I have thought about swapping stocks on my T3 300WSM but it is just a laser with the factory stock (and I added a Limbsaver recoil pad).
I bought the thumbhole stock and haven't bothers to have it bedded yet shoots great as is

Recent Posts