300wsm 165GMX Superformance range report.

Camshaft

Did some shooting this weekend, using 71gr of Hogdons Superformance powder, with 165gr gmx bullets. Pressure was high but not maxed out, I was getting 3/4moa out to 250yrds at 3320fps on average. Decent load but sd was almost 40fps. Gonna play with primers next weekend. Was using rem9-1/2m. Hopefully I can get a lil better. I was honestly impressed with the superformance powder. 3320fps with a 165 leadfree bullet out of a 24" barrel! Was looking all over for some MagPro but settled on superformance, im glad it worked out.

Well, finished up load development, Backed my load down and settled in at 68.5gr of Superformance for 3225fps average at 2.870COAL with a REM9 1/2m primer giving me an sd of 16fps and groups right at 3/4moa at 100yds. Theses bullets are under 1/2moa in my 700LSS 300RUM but my 300wsm doesn't seem to like them as much, i'm jumping them .200" in my rum but only .060" in my wsm. I would try to jump them farther in my wsm but don't have the case capacity to spare as it has a super short throat. But at $30 for 50 bullets and hunting season 2 weeks away im gonna call it good for now.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.