300wm and 200.20x

southpa

Wondering if anyone could provide some book info or personal experience info on 300wm with 200.20x? Found a little info on here but all in all, not much on the 200.20x looking for min/max for retumbo and h1000. Any info would be appreciated really.

Thanks

Wondering if anyone could provide some book info or personal experience info on 300wm with 200.20x? Found a little info on here but all in all, not much on the 200.20x looking for min/max for retumbo and h1000. Any info would be appreciated really.

Thanks
Use general 200g data, no load is specific to 1 bullet.
Also, you're gonna struggle getting Retumbo to fit the case at 84g…just ask me how I know.
Nosler, ADI and Berger will have data.

Cheers.

I got a good deal on 500 of them a few years back and called Berger for load data. At the time they told me 72-76g of H1000. I think I ended up a few grains over for my personal rifle. Use this at your own risk. I had good results and even shot a long range steel match with them.

I got a good deal on 500 of them a few years back and called Berger for load data. At the time they told me 72-76g of H1000. I think I ended up a few grains over for my personal rifle. Use this at your own risk. I had good results and even shot a long range steel match with them.
Thanks, Wondering where they liked it as far seating for you? Also, what speeds you were seeing at those higher charges with h1000.

I'm looking for anyone who has real world experience with the combos I've posted about. Anyone.....
Sorry, we provided you with an excellent source for the book info and any info as part of your initial two-fold query. Be patient; hopefully, others with real-world experiences will chime in soon. Good luck and happy safe hunting/shooting!

Thanks

Thanks, Wondering where they liked it as far seating for you? Also, what speeds you were seeing at those higher charges with H1000.
The barrel is long gone now but Berger gave me a 3.340 OAL from my notes. I think I ended up starting at .060 off never adjusted for the entire 500 pack. Berger stated 2698fps and 2862fps But I remember it was over 3000. I think it was actually pushing 3100fps. I had a 27in Krieger barrel 1-10. On a model 70 action. Using ADG brass and Remington 9.5m.

Sorry, we provided you with an excellent source for the book info and any info as part of your initial two-fold query. Be patient; hopefully, others with real-world experiences will chime in soon. Good luck and happy safe hunting/shooting!
Thank you for your time. I am fully aware and capable of contacting berger for their recommendations. I have many times before and honestly I have been quite unimpressed with their service. Honestly I'd rather have the canned response from members here than spend my time talking to them. Do you have a current berger book you could help me with or personal experience with the 200.20x and 300wm?

Last edited:
The barrel is long gone now but Berger gave me a 3.340 OAL from my notes. I think I ended up starting at .060 off never adjusted for the entire 500 pack. Berger stated 2698fps and 2862fps But I remember it was over 3000. I think it was actually pushing 3100fps. I had a 27in Krieger barrel 1-10. On a model 70 action. Using ADG brass and Remington 9.5m.
Thank you JAM. This is the kind of info I'm looking for. I appreciate your attention to what I'm after.

Thank you for your time. I am fully aware and capable of contacting berger for their recommendations. I have many times before and honestly I have been quite unimpressed with their service. Honestly I'd rather have the canned response from members here than spend my time talking to them. Do you have a current berger book you could help me with or personal experience with the 200.20x and 300wm?
I have the 1st edition, but it does not have 200.20X (the heaviest are 210s and 230s), and I am unsure if they have more editions. Sorry, I do not have personal experience with the 200.20X; 215 Berger is the heaviest I load for with my.300 WMs/WSMs.

1695044892743.png

Berger tech support has been very supportive every I contact them. As with anything else, what they provide me, along with the reloading manual, is simply a guide/baseline. Good luck!

ADDED: I got this from Phil after less than 10 minutes of requesting.

1695060480641.png

Below was also included in the e-mail as an attachment.
1695061038261.png

FYSA,

1695062889154.png

Last edited:
I'm looking for anyone who has real world experience with the combos I've posted about. Anyone.....
Here is another broad answer for you, in SOME 300WM's you can load up to 79g H1000 with 200g class bullets, 3 of mine will accept this charge weight, a couple of others will accept 80g.
Your asking specifics that just don't exist, your gun will most likely not like someone else's load data, seating depth or even primer…

I'm not trying to sound condescending, but expecting somebody else's load data to match your rifle is generally futile in exercise.

Cheers.

Here is another broad answer for you, in SOME 300WM's you can load up to 79g H1000 with 200g class bullets, 3 of mine will accept this charge weight, a couple of others will accept 80g.
Your asking specifics that just don't exist, your gun will most likely not like someone else's load data, seating depth or even primer…

I'm not trying to sound condescending, but expecting somebody else's load data to match your rifle is generally futile in exercise.

Cheers.
I appreciate all of your attention. I don't feel I'm asking specifics that don't exist. I simply asking for specifics to base an educated process off of. I didnt state that i needed specifics so i could replicate it and stuff it in my rifle and hope for the best. There are literally hundreds if not thousands of posts on this forum surrounding what you guys have found with certain bullets with certain powders and certain seating depths. Do a search on 7rm and retumbo. There are ridiculous amounts of EXACT load recipes, down to rifle specifics. Maybe I should have prefaced this with a disclaimer that I'm not a moron and I don't need to be lead through the reloading 101 beginners finger shaking. There is VERY little surrounding the 200.20x in the 300wm. I'm simply asking for anybody who has shot the combo I'm looking to load for. Or book info on that load. If you have I'd appreciate the input. If you have not I don't appreciate the "not to sound condescending" remarks that my situation will always be different than your situation. The basic premise here seem to just not ask for any previously found success and do everything without taking into consideration who has been through this exact situation before. Again, I would highly appreciate anyone who has experience with this combo.

Last edited: