300 RUM Loading Berger 200.20X Results and Questions

Guns&Bows

Hey guys, new to the forum here. Been reading this forum for years. Lots of great info here.

So, I just got back from the range with a buddy testing the Berger Hybrid 200.20X load in our 300 RUMs. Mine is a Christensen Ridgeline 26" barrel factory mag box. His is a Rem model 700 26" barrel factory mag box.

Load specs:
COAL 3.660 CBTO 2.894
H1000 powder
CCI250 primer
200.20X bullet

We worked up our first load with this bullet with R-P, Nosler and Norma brass (norma was new un-fired)

Start load was 88.7gr, max was 91.2gr of powder. No pressure signs were found throughout the range.

Velocities on Christensen (my rifle): Start ~3022 fps (88.7 gr), End ~3110 fps (91.2 gr)
Velocities on Remington 700 (buddies rifle): Start ~3000 fps (88.7 gr), End ~3090 fps (91.2 gr)

All had about 20-25 ES and good accuracy at 100 yards.

First question. I know these are listed over max Berger load data, but how much farther/faster should I push these out of these rifles?

Second question. The remington brass which was fired out of my buddies rifle previously was getting stuck in my Christensen chamber after firing. Just had to tap it out with a cleaning rod but no good. Is this likely an issue with the brand of brass or is my chamber just too tight for his fired brass? These were all full length sized using Redding type-s bushing die.

Thanks.

Hey guys, new to the forum here. Been reading this forum for years. Lots of great info here.

So, I just got back from the range with a buddy testing the Berger Hybrid 200.20X load in our 300 RUMs. Mine is a Christensen Ridgeline 26" barrel factory mag box. His is a Rem model 700 26" barrel factory mag box.

Load specs:
COAL 3.660 CBTO 2.894
H1000 powder
CCI250 primer
200.20X bullet

We worked up our first load with this bullet with R-P, Nosler and Norma brass (norma was new un-fired)

Start load was 88.7gr, max was 91.2gr of powder. No pressure signs were found throughout the range.

Velocities on Christensen (my rifle): Start ~3022 fps (88.7 gr), End ~3110 fps (91.2 gr)
Velocities on Remington 700 (buddies rifle): Start ~3000 fps (88.7 gr), End ~3090 fps (91.2 gr)

All had about 20-25 ES and good accuracy at 100 yards.

First question. I know these are listed over max Berger load data, but how much farther/faster should I push these out of these rifles?

Second question. The remington brass which was fired out of my buddies rifle previously was getting stuck in my Christensen chamber after firing. Just had to tap it out with a cleaning rod but no good. Is this likely an issue with the brand of brass or is my chamber just too tight for his fired brass? These were all full length sized using Redding type-s bushing die.

Thanks.
They need to be sized for YOUR chamber. Were they hard to chamber or just hard to extract???

They need to be sized for YOUR chamber. Were they hard to chamber or just hard to extract???

Easy to chamber. Easy to unlock bolt. Hard to pull back and extract. I also tested these due to prior issues with this in unfired, sized rounds and they all chambered fine. Headspace also checked out good.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.