300wm and 200.20x

I have the 1st edition, but it does not have 200.20X (the heaviest are 210s and 230s), and I am unsure if they have more editions. Sorry, I do not have personal experience with the 200.20X; 215 Berger is the heaviest I load for with my.300 WMs/WSMs.

View attachment 495014

Berger tech support has been very supportive every I contact them. As with anything else, what they provide me, along with the reloading manual, is simply a guide/baseline. Good luck!

ADDED: I got this from Phil after less than 10 minutes of requesting.

View attachment 495047
Below was also included in the e-mail as an attachment.
View attachment 495049

FYSA,

View attachment 495055
Thank you for your inquiries to berger. Much appreciated. We have contacted them many times and they were not so helpful. It was like that wanted us to buy the book. Did not want to provide anything other than what they could tell us over the phone and directed to the website.

Thank you for your inquiries to berger. Much appreciated. We have contacted them many times and they were not so helpful. It was like that wanted us to buy the book. Did not want to provide anything other than what they could tell us over the phone and directed to the website.
In the past, they only gave load information over the phone. Now it is via e-mail, and I prefer it this way. I have always dealt with either Phil or Corey, and they have always been accommodating.

I appreciate all of your attention. I don't feel I'm asking specifics that don't exist. I simply asking for specifics to base an educated process off of. I didnt state that i needed specifics so i could replicate it and stuff it in my rifle and hope for the best. There are literally hundreds if not thousands of posts on this forum surrounding what you guys have found with certain bullets with certain powders and certain seating depths. Do a search on 7rm and retumbo. There are ridiculous amounts of EXACT load recipes, down to rifle specifics. Maybe I should have prefaced this with a disclaimer that I'm not a moron and I don't need to be lead through the reloading 101 beginners finger shaking. There is VERY little surrounding the 200.20x in the 300wm. I'm simply asking for anybody who has shot the combo I'm looking to load for. Or book info on that load. If you have I'd appreciate the input. If you have not I don't appreciate the "not to sound condescending" remarks that my situation will always be different than your situation. The basic premise here seem to just not ask for any previously found success and do everything without taking into consideration who has been through this exact situation before. Again, I would highly appreciate anyone who has experience with this combo.
Don't accept my help, that's fine and dandy.
I will have no more info for you in the future.
Strong is your need for the ignore bucket…off ya go.

The guy at my LGS, told me to look up what velocity is on a factory load that I'm loading and work with that. I was loading 300 wm 195 eldm with IMR 7828. No load data. I looked in all the books I have. Checked out what higher weight and lower weight bullets were loaded with. And aimed for the 2930 fps factory was getting. I found a node there that I was happy with. Kinda the funniest part of a new gun. Developing a new load. Then move on to another loading project. Alittle planning goes a long ways.

In the past, they only gave load information over the phone. Now it is via e-mail, and I prefer it this way. I have always dealt with either Phil or Corey, and they have always been accommodating.
Interesting to hear they now actually provide a little more info with the illustrations in email. Thanks for letting me know. I just figured "been there, done that" which is why I always prefer asking you guys. Seemed easy if someone just could snap a pic of the new book illustration but if berger will provide it now awesome!

Still looking for anyone who shoots or has shot the 200.20x to chime in

Thanks Jay,
I did see that thread but i was just wondering that surely there'd been some more to offer than what was available 7 years ago. It's proving that there isn't much more.

Looks like one of the contributors to that thread was a Berger representative. Just a FYI.

Also that bullet should be insensitive to seating depth if it's got the Hybrid Ogive. I run the 65 Hybrid 144 in my PRC and I can seat it 20 off to 70 off with very little effect on performance.

Last edited:
Looks like one of the contributors to that thread was a Berger representative. Just a FYI.

Also that bullet should be insensitive to searing depth if it's got the Hybrid Ogive. I run the 65 Hybrid 144 in my PRC and I can seat it 20 off to 70 off with very little effect on performance.
Many people have said that about berger hybirds and I guess it's sort of true in my experiences. Except on other side. No matter what depth they wouldn't shoot hahaa. I'm hoping it's not the case with these

Also that bullet should be insensitive to searing depth if it's got the Hybrid Ogive. I run the 65 Hybrid 144 in my PRC and I can seat it 20 off to 70 off with very little effect on performance.
Yes, Barefooter56 is Phil Hoham.

Is there anything wrong with what was on #11? You are asking for H1000 and Retumbo, you have 1 of 2.

Is there anything wrong with what was on #11? You are asking for H1000 and Retumbo, you have 1 of 2.
No not at all. Like I said I appreciate you're effort. I will most definitely use that info. Still curious about what others have found.

The guy at my LGS, told me to look up what velocity is on a factory load that I'm loading and work with that. I was loading 300 wm 195 eldm with IMR 7828. No load data. I looked in all the books I have. Checked out what higher weight and lower weight bullets were loaded with. And aimed for the 2930 fps factory was getting. I found a node there that I was happy with. Kinda the funniest part of a new gun. Developing a new load. Then move on to another loading project. Alittle planning goes a long ways.
That's an interesting method. Ive always had a velocity destination in mind but never loaded specifically towards a factory load velocity. I like to do a lot of planning before I start going through consumables. Hence the reason I'm looking for info on this combo.