300 wsm or 7mm wsm

roto32

I am trying to decide which one to buy? 300 or 7mm wsm

which one would you choose and why

thanks chris

[ QUOTE ]
What is it you plan on doing with the gun?

[/ QUOTE ]

i bet he will shoot it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

either will do about the same thing as the other. just get a fast enough twist for the higher b.c bullets

d-a

Iam sorry, I will be using it on deer mostly but I plan on going out west for elk amd mule deer. I just wanted something that will reach out and touch them with enough energy to takem off their feet. I just don't know if one is more accurate then the other.
thanks chris

I have a friend who is going through the same decision right now. I told him to go with the 7mm simply for the higher BC bullets. If he were planning on doing more elk hunting that deer I would tell him to go with the 300 but the 7mm will do great for deer and is definantly large enough for elk. YOu just cant beat those high BC bullets.

steve

I vote for the 7WSM.
Shoot the 180 Bergers or 175 SMK's and you should have enough energy for elk at 800 and muleys at 1K.
Would get 2850+ fps for either above in a 24" bbl.
I am slightly biased though as I have one from Long Shot Rifles that shoots way better than I can.

I sure like my model 70 in 7MM WSM
DSCN0651.jpg

7wsm high b.c or very high fps. I think speed kills and I perfer it for my long rang hunting out to 700 yards. My vote would be 7 wsm with a bonded nosler 160 ab if your going after elk. The 300 will work just more drop and recoil. Either will work very well for you

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.