.300 Weatherby Mag 170 G Hammer Custom Hollow Review help

d_wit22

Found some new Weatherby factory ammunition loaded with the 170G Hammer Custom Hollow point. Looking for mainly an Elk round. I have no experience with hammer bullets and was curious what the reviews say about this bullet before I buy? Thanks!

Not a lot of info online for this combo other than the factory ammo price ($180.00/box!) I have nothing but good things to say in regard to Hammer Bullets. If you like them and they shoot accurately out of your rifle, have at it. Plenty of reviews and threads on a multitude of their offerings on this forum.

It may be a custom bullet for Weatherby ammunition only. Different hollow point depth? I imagine it will perform much like the other hammer hunters, absolute, sledge etc. Lots of guys shooting 30 caliber hammers from 124 gr and up. The 166-181 gr are quite popular in the magnums.

Not a lot of info online for this combo other than the factory ammo price ($180.00/box!)
Heart Attack Fred Sanford GIF by MOODMAN

A bit of sticker shock. I have zero idea why this hit me, maybe just a brain cell from 40 years ago kicked in. Yes I know what things cost these days.