300 ultra magnum cases

Other than Hornady being a bit soft and having issues with primer pocket expansion I'd have to agree. Even that is correctable with a ball bearing and hammer or ball pin and another hammer.
what? i must need some new info

Yes, this one is slow. My Carbon Six/McGowan 308 win is a little slower too.

Bart makes a fast barrel though. They got it figured out!

How many grains N570? I pressure out at only 85gr. I can go a little higher and load longer but only gain about 30 FPS and accuracy is same. Tried loading long and it didn't give significant accuracy or velocity gains.

I am actually faster per grain than what I was quoted by Berger techs, but they are pretty conservative.

I wish they did. As a rule their brass will always be heavier and thicker than any of the brass made by the big guys in the US.
Maybe we can all coordinate a calling campaign to show lapua their is a legitimate demand for RUM brass. I'd buy a thousand from the first production run if that would help.
Well, not really .......
I thought the same until I weighed the most recent production 300 WinMag cases back in August 2021
In my experience, lapua has the hardest head. When running a hot rod, primer pockets in lapua stay tight.

Maybe we can all coordinate a calling campaign to show lapua their is a legitimate demand for RUM brass. I'd buy a thousand from the first production run if that would help.

In my experience, lapua has the hardest head. When running a hot rod, primer pockets in lapua stay tight.
I agree but as long as ADG and Bertram are making it we're probably in good shape.

What I don't get is with the popularity of the .375 Ruger and for wildcats built on the case we still don't have a good option for premium brass in .375Rug.

I am though going to start using their 30PRC brass to form my own 6.5LRM brass.

I highly doubt 3000 with a 245 in prc 🤷‍♂️
338 lapua is only 2950 ish with a 250 gr
People go ape đź’©for the PRC's.
I don't get the craze with them !!
It's the case of the future, we're just going to have to accept it as such.

Belted mag's are now seen as being inferior and obsolete and sooner or later all will go the way of the DoDo.

I wish this were not true but all of our belted magnums are going to suffer the same fate at some point during this century.

No I don't believe anyone is launching 245gr bullets from a PRC case. I'm not even the least bit convinced you could safely do that with a Rum Sized case.

I can run 180-200gr bullets at 3250 with ease in the RUM and probably in the PRC but 245g pills at 3,400? Not in any gun I'm going to pull the trigger on.

I can run 180-200gr bullets at 3250 with ease in the RUM and probably in the PRC but 245g pills at 3,400? Not in any gun I'm going to pull the trigger on.
Where did you get 3,400 with 245s?

I stated 3000. I went back and looked, it was actually 2970 (so I lied).

I'm using them in a 300 prc also. N570 was only producing groups around 5/8-3/4. I wasn't happy with that and switched to H1000 and they started stacking them on top of each other. Velocity out of a 29" barrel was 2970 fps.

Yep. It's as good as I've ever used. I'd never heard of them until (I believe) carlock had them make the brass for the 338edge when it was the new best thing. There was lots of positive feedback on here for a while, but now all you hear is ADG. I dont see how its "better", other than its ridiculous expensive. Lots of people equate expensive with better and then spend more time justifying their choice than actually sorting out if it really was. Not saying it isnt, just theres this tendency towards bs.

On our little farm, we grow pork in the woods on rotating pasture. Its actually the best pork around here, not even bragging, it just is. When we were priced to compete in the local "barn pig" market, we struggled to find customers. 3 yrs ago I said f it it's either gonna pay or I'm done, and I doubled the price. That year we sold out by March and had a waiting list for the following year by summer. Suddenly everyone was on the bandwagon. Today we are triple the original price and my list is full till mid 2024. Same pork, raised the price and people took that as an indicator of quality. I'm not like that. I want a deal! I want the best product at the lowest price. But it takes a depth of understanding to do this. Most guys just assume the expensive/rare stuff is the best for a reason, and buy it. It's a kind of virtue signal. "Look at me, I use xyz brass! Never that other junk because I'm awesome" social media is an extension of this crap. Ever read "the emperor wears no clothes"?
I just got my Bertram Rum brass a couple months ago. Haven't even came close to messing with them yet but hopefully they'll work fine. I have been seeing Nosler 300 Rum brass at two of the local sportsman warehouse at $101 per 25rd box. Well I'll just leave those for someone else then. Next time I get rum brass will either be RP or wait till either Lapua or Peterson make it.

I'd have to look again but I think last I saw it their's was right around 1.60 pr/case. Not bad considering shipping and whatever they have to pay for import taxes and fees.

You're right of course, there's an assumption that more expensive = better but that's definitely not always the case.
Mine was $195/100 shipping included