300 ultra magnum cases

ann brezinski

who else makes these and i have heard that remington case in this type are not as good quality wise as say lapua csea are.they are said to be not the cats tail for shooting long range hunting or for informal target shooting.

Adg, norma make 300 rum cases. My 300 rum cases by Remington are pretty good. ADG makes a high quality case and norma has been good to go. Nosler makes them too.
Not really sure what you're looking for.

Adg, norma make 300 rum cases. My 300 rum cases by Remington are pretty good. ADG makes a high quality case and norma has been good to go. Nosler makes them too.
Not really sure what you're looking for.
I've never had an issue with Remington Rum cases either. Norma I've always found to be very good, Nosler on par with them.

ADG at least in my experience tends to be among the toughest brass you can buy for anything, second probably only to Lapua.

I've been using Rem brass forever with good results, I bought 1000 pcs in the early 2000's that I weight sorted into 50 pc batches and never mixed them up, still got a bunch I haven't fired yet due to using range pick ups and free non-reloader family/friends brass along with snagging a 50 pc bag whenever I came across one until it vanished, Used Norma the past 5 years or so, in my 300 RUM rifles and necked up for my 338 Edge, Norma is good uniform stuff although pockets give up quicker when pushing for top speed, but with low single digit sd and 1/4" groups it was a fair trade-off

This past summer I finally got 100 pcs of ADG brass and worked up a moose hunting load that ended my moose season with a bang ! Fantastic brass, will end up getting 4-500 pcs more just to have some as backup for my three 300 Rum rifles, also got 200 pcs of ADG 338 Edge brass but haven't played with it yet

Still hoping Peterson will start making 300 RUM brass ...... now that they're done messing with the belted cases, the more manufacturers that make high quality brass the better for us and the longevity of the king of 30 caliber cartridges

5B99C311-FC62-401E-BE7F-DDFB7C9169C8.jpeg

ADG cases are pretty, but I get a slight velocity edge out of Remington cases. I think the ADG necks are a touch thicker too.

Old Rem engineers now run ADG...
ADG and RWS both produce heavier brass. You may be losing a little something with it due to lower powder volume depending on what powder you are using.

I have rem, nosler, a few adg and a bunch of Bertram. I anneal after every 2 or 3 firings and cant tell a bit of difference in them beyond a few grains capacity. They all hold primers well, bertram was the tightest when new. I bumped them on rcbs primer pocket swager before I did anything else and have had great results with bertram in 300rum, 338rum, 375rum, and 475rum. All sized from the same batch of 400 pieces of 375. All 400 were within 4gr of each other once prepped. I kept the 200 identical pieces in the cabinet, and shoot the rest.

I shot the throat out of the factory 300rum Barrel with just 40 pieces of Remington brass loaded at 91gr retumbo and 208amax over n over n over in a 112fsak. Annealing every few shots, and just a set of lee collet dies, honestly don't think I ever bumped a shoulder on them. 300rum is such a great design, its almost boring!

There isnt much "bad" brass these days. It's not like it was 20 years ago. Dont mix them together and they all shoot well.

20200113_182124.jpg
20200103_140252.jpg
20200117_174652.jpg

Last edited:
Well I dont have any trouble with the Remington Brass but I have only been out to 3027 yards with a 3 shot 26 3/4" group on steel !
They perform great in my 300 Rums , 338 Rums and resized to my 338 Edge rifles .
I have several new boxes of Adg Rum brass just setting on the bench . Not going to change to them when I'm getting great results with the Remington Brass.

Neve touched a piece of Lapua Brass yet.
I did get some with a 243 I picked up but haven't done any load work with them yet.

Not a bad choice with any brass these days . Finding any brass is the problem it seems .

Rum Man

I have rem, nosler, a few adg and a bunch of Bertram. I anneal after every 2 or 3 firings and cant tell a bit of difference in them beyond a few grains capacity. They all hold primers well, bertram was the tightest when new. I bumped them on rcbs primer pocket swager before I did anything else and have had great results with bertram in 300rum, 338rum, 375rum, and 475rum. All sized from the same batch of 400 pieces of 375. All 400 were within 4gr of each other once prepped. I kept the 200 identical pieces in the cabinet, and shoot the rest.

I shot the throat out of the factory 300rum Barrel with just 40 pieces of Remington brass loaded at 91gr retumbo and 208amax over n over n over in a 112fsak. Annealing every few shots, and just a set of lee collet dies, honestly don't think I ever bumped a shoulder on them. 300rum is such a great design, its almost boring!

There isnt much "bad" brass these days. It's not like it was 20 years ago. Dont mix them together and they all shoot well.

View attachment 341597View attachment 341596View attachment 341595
Bertram actually has it in stock too. They aren't well known in the US but they have a fantastic reputation in Africa and Europe.

I actually talked with them a few years back after shooting some ammo in Africa loaded on their brass. It's as good as any I've ever shot and reasonably priced in spite of having to import it.

Well I dont have any trouble with the Remington Brass but I have only been out to 3027 yards with a 3 shot 26 3/4" group on steel !
They perform great in my 300 Rums , 338 Rums and resized to my 338 Edge rifles .
I have several new boxes of Adg Rum brass just setting on the bench . Not going to change to them when I'm getting great results with the Remington Brass.

Neve touched a piece of Lapua Brass yet.
I did get some with a 243 I picked up but haven't done any load work with them yet.

Not a bad choice with any brass these days . Finding any brass is the problem it seems .

Rum Man
Other than Hornady being a bit soft and having issues with primer pocket expansion I'd have to agree. Even that is correctable with a ball bearing and hammer or ball pin and another hammer.