300 ultra magnum cases

Bertram actually has it in stock too. They aren't well known in the US but they have a fantastic reputation in Africa and Europe.

I actually talked with them a few years back after shooting some ammo in Africa loaded on their brass. It's as good as any I've ever shot and reasonably priced in spite of having to import it.
Yep. It's as good as I've ever used. I'd never heard of them until (I believe) carlock had them make the brass for the 338edge when it was the new best thing. There was lots of positive feedback on here for a while, but now all you hear is ADG. I dont see how its "better", other than its ridiculous expensive. Lots of people equate expensive with better and then spend more time justifying their choice than actually sorting out if it really was. Not saying it isnt, just theres this tendency towards bs.

On our little farm, we grow pork in the woods on rotating pasture. Its actually the best pork around here, not even bragging, it just is. When we were priced to compete in the local "barn pig" market, we struggled to find customers. 3 yrs ago I said f it it's either gonna pay or I'm done, and I doubled the price. That year we sold out by March and had a waiting list for the following year by summer. Suddenly everyone was on the bandwagon. Today we are triple the original price and my list is full till mid 2024. Same pork, raised the price and people took that as an indicator of quality. I'm not like that. I want a deal! I want the best product at the lowest price. But it takes a depth of understanding to do this. Most guys just assume the expensive/rare stuff is the best for a reason, and buy it. It's a kind of virtue signal. "Look at me, I use xyz brass! Never that other junk because I'm awesome" social media is an extension of this crap. Ever read "the emperor wears no clothes"?

Last edited:
given a 30 inch barrel and 220 grain or the245 grain bullets how fast would the go? i assume i can get 3100 to maybe 3250 from them.i have been told the best acuactiy in up on or near max loads also.would this be true.thank for your imput.

Yep. It's as good as I've ever used. I'd never heard of them until (I believe) carlock had them make the brass for the 338edge when it was the new best thing. There was lots of positive feedback on here for a while, but now all you hear is ADG. I dont see how its "better", other than its ridiculous expensive. Lots of people equate expensive with better and then spend more time justifying their choice than actually sorting out if it really was. Not saying it isnt, just theres this tendency towards bs.

On our little farm, we grow pork in the woods on rotating pasture. Its actually the best pork around here, not even bragging, it just is. When we were priced to compete in the local "barn pig" market, we struggled to find customers. 3 yrs ago I said f it it's either gonna pay or I'm done, and I doubled the price. That year we sold out by March and had a waiting list for the following year by summer. Suddenly everyone was on the bandwagon. Today we are triple the original price and my list is full till mid 2024. Same pork, raised the price and people took that as an indicator of quality. I'm not like that. I want a deal! I want the best product at the lowest price. But it takes a depth of understanding to do this. Most guys just assume the expensive/rare stuff is the best for a reason, and buy it. It's a kind of virtue signal. "Look at me, I use xyz brass! Never that other junk because I'm awesome" social media is an extension of this crap. Ever read "the emperor wears no clothes"?
I'd have to look again but I think last I saw it their's was right around 1.60 pr/case. Not bad considering shipping and whatever they have to pay for import taxes and fees.

You're right of course, there's an assumption that more expensive = better but that's definitely not always the case.

I'd have to look again but I think last I saw it their's was right around 1.60 pr/case. Not bad considering shipping and whatever they have to pay for import taxes and fees.

You're right of course, there's an assumption that more expensive = better but that's definitely not always the case.

It's also why guys look down their nose at savage rifles still. I suppose it stinks to spend 1500 bucks on that 700 to get it squared up when that dam 500 dollar savage shoots right outta the box. :)

It's also why guys look down their nose at savage rifles still. I suppose it stinks to spend 1500 bucks on that 700 to get it squared up when that dam 500 dollar savage shoots right outta the box. :)
My issue with Savage is just a prejudice built over decades. When they were in and out of bankruptcy for so long their quality just went completely into the toilet.

Hard to wash that taste out of your mouth once it's soaked in.

After one really bad experience with a Remington 700 I refused to buy another one for 3 decades. I'd always preferred the Model 70 CRF on principle and for the aestetics and that gave me the final push to move in that directly permanently.

I finally got over the prejudice against the Remington's and have bought a few customs and custom shop 700's in the last ten years but I'm still a M70 guy at heart.

For a new shooter though with the quality of the Savages made today they're hard to look past.

I have almost 700 rds of 300 Ultra, Remington brass. Thought about selling and buy ADG brass. I just can't see doing that since all my brass is weight sorted and fully prepped.
Unless it's been shot more than 4 times with hot loads I wouldln't.

A man would likely go a lifetime without shooting up 700 Rounds of 300 Rum.

I wish they did. As a rule their brass will always be heavier and thicker than any of the brass made by the big guys in the US.

Well, not really .......
I thought the same until I weighed the most recent production 300 WinMag cases back in August 2021

7645B807-DD0D-4B96-9B42-3F5C6DE6DEDE.jpeg

A3FF0035-1085-4E89-A947-64EB7729278D.jpeg
D48392F6-1454-40DD-816C-817AD0FB7B22.jpeg

984F367A-86EC-4721-A6A9-D74644C75055.jpeg
9E2B6C4C-C94F-4814-946A-BBBE849A2275.jpeg