300 Tomahawk?

the444shooter

I'm interested in rebarreling my 300 RUM to a 300 Tomahawk. It's just an improved shoulder on the existing 300RUM, correct? Where could I find a reamer? Load data?

Call Ray Romain at (814) 265-1948. He built mine, its a heck of a shooter. He was a pure pleasure to do buissiness with.

Heres mine:
PB220022_0022.jpg

You gain probably 50 MAYBE 100fps over the regular RUM, its up to you if its worth it. Loaded 300RUM ammo can be shot from the tomahawk chamber, so that maybe a plus.

This is an AVERAGE group just over 2 inches shot at 450yds in 7-9mph winds. Ben called the last shot left.

bensgroupat450ydsw300tommy.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
nice rifle. how long is that barrel? what size is it?

[/ QUOTE ] Thanks. 33in not including brake, 1.25in dia. entire length. At 100yds shoots in the .3 or.4's with the only load I have ever tried in it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. The weekend after Ben shot that group above, I shot one, five shot group over a period of about an hour, clicking from zero to 6.75moa, macking a new wind call in gusting 7-9mph wind before every shot, then zeroed it all back out, and shot the next, etc.. With about 10min between shots. The fianl group measured 2.2 inches.

[ QUOTE ]
nice rifle. how long is that barrel? what size is it?

[/ QUOTE ] Thanks. 33in not including brake, 1.25in dia. entire length. At 100yds shoots in the .3 or.4's with the only load I have ever tried in it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. The weekend after Ben shot that group above, I shot one, five shot group over a period of about an hour, clicking from zero to 6.75moa, macking a new wind call in gusting 7-9mph wind before every shot, then zeroed it all back out, and shot the next, etc.. With about 10min between shots. The fianl group measured 2.2 inches.
I'm planning on rebarreling my rum also, was curious as to what you guys think is the best optimal length for a new barrel?
I was planning on 28in last year cause I don't want it to snag on everything when hiking but I think I'd probably want a little more for long range shooting/hunting. Weight doesn't bother me so thats out of the question, purely looking for performance without going over 32".

Any and all help is greatly appreciated

FWIW,

Ray Romain passed away a few years back! Awesome gunsmith. I'm currently shooting a new to me 6.5-284 which was built by him!