.300 Tomahawk Loads

I'm looking for loads for the .300 Tomahawk with 180 gr bullets.The gunsmith says it will be ready in two weeks.This has a 30" Lilja barrel HVR contour,3 groove,11 twist.It's on a 700 action.Right now i'm leaning toward the 180's,but i'm sure open to suggestions.

Longhunter-

Search the board there were a few members that have them.

Here is what was suggested for mine. I have a 10 twist 6 groove 32" Lilja barrel on mine. It was built to launch the heavier bullets and I would suggest working up to these loads, since yours is configured differently!!!!!!!!

FOR: 220 and 240 gr bullets.

These are ball powders.

98 gr. of WC872 and the 240 gr bullet is a good starting load.
100 gr. with the 220 gr bullets.

The Sierra Match Kings work well.

I plan on trying Retumbo next.

The case capacity of the 300 Tomahawk is only about 3 grains greater than that of the 300 RUM. You can safely use the published loads of the 300 RUM, adding about one grain of powder for the Tomahawk.

BH--i emailed adam braverman and he said there was no plan to specifically drop the 240--he said sales were kind of slow, but they had 60,000 in stock if you need any
wink.gif

you might try emailing and see what he says--also pass it on to me please

[email protected]

JB

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.