.300 RUM Norma Brass!!

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Nitroman, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Nitroman

Nitroman Well-Known Member

Brownell's comes through!!

I placed an order for 100 cases on 06/15/12 (yup, last year), and they have finally notified me it is going to be shipped! After a year! Now who else would do that; keep an order alive for a year? Either way, it is coming. I cannot wait to get the box and when I do I'll go over the differences between Rem, Nosler and the Norma. Waaahhhooo!

2. MudRunner2005

MudRunner2005 Well-Known Member

I've ordered stuff from Midway that I had to wait for over 6 months for....It sucks waiting, but if you really want/need it, then it's worth the wait in the end.

3. Nitroman

Received my Norma brass. Not very impressed as I was with the Nosler. I will post weights, lengths, and flash hole measurements from a few cases once I am off work on Thursday.

4. scsims

scsims Well-Known Member

What are you loading it for. I thought about getting some to neck up to .338. Wonder if they will last longer than Rem brass for the Edge.

5. Nitroman

Loading a .300 RUM. It's a Greg Tannel built on his thoroughly massaged m700, Kreiger, Jewel and Nightforce.

6. Triple BB

Triple BB Well-Known Member

So Nitro, what did you come up with measurements for yer Norma brass. Which impresses you more for the 300 RUM, Norma or Nosler brass...

7. Kiwi Greg

Kiwi Greg Well-Known Member

When I tested, Norma, Nosler, Fed, Remington & Bertram 300 Rum brass for the Edge I found that the Norma & Nosler brass I had was exactly the same.

Same weight, same size, same water capacity, same neck thickness, same head dimensions when sectioned, the same brass in this case, just different head stamp.