HORNADY 300 Norma Brass

I see Hornady as McDonalds rather than a steak house. They cater too people who buy a box of loaded ammo and jack it out on the ground. The trouble comes when they double as reloading supplies! It's too bad because I like a lot of what they do and you can't argue with their bullet prices.

Actually it depends on if Hornady is making it in housse or it they are farming it out to S&B. IIRC that early good brass was S&B. I know they switch from in house 6.8 brass to having S&B make it over the last couple years and it has gone from low vol soft head to higher vol and harder heads lasting much longer and at higher pressure even rivaling the old prior to nosler purchase SSA brass.

The question becomes whom is making the Hornady cases of that cartridge. So unless you have actually used the 300 norma cases you can not be sure.

With all that said why would anyone choose it currently when you have Lapua and Peterson now??

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.