300 PRC necked to 6.5

Ksduckhntr

I was using the googles and didn't come up with much luck. Has someone necked the 300prc down to a 6.5? Just curious about how that'd look etc..

I shoot the 6.5LRM which is a long necked version of the 6.5-300PRC.

My next 6.5 will either just be a .375Rug necked down with the 30 degree shoulder angle or the 300PRC necked down.

The more I shoot my existing 6.5LRM the more convinced I am I'll absolutely love the 6.5-375Rug or 6.5-300PRC.

Thank you for the correction yes the 6.5-300. How is the reloading process for the LRM? And what's your barrel length

Thank you for the correction yes the 6.5-300. How is the reloading process for the LRM?
Pretty simple. There's no load data for it so I got a friend to run the numbers for me in QL to double check my estimates based off of the 7LRM load data.

It uses 7LRM brass and I just use a bushing die to bring it down to 6.5.

Gentlman is known as RIp on the 24 hr Campfire forum that did the 264 Ripmoor, I do believe he released the reamer for public use, you can check with Manson, JGS & PT&G

3FBAC56C-C21F-4351-A276-9699B6ED2650.jpeg

2FA8BF75-4F90-4870-A993-D4E1D4D1D3AA.jpeg

Gentlman is known as RIp on the 24 hr Campfire forum that did the 264 Ripmoor, I do believe he released the reamer for public use, you can check with Manson, JGS & PT&G

View attachment 343736
View attachment 343737
Thanks SL, that's exactly what I've been envisioning for my own wildcat for several years now.

Fortunately if one looks very far they'll find that someone's already done the hard work with just about every wildcat one can think of that has any practical use or possibility at all.

He was planning on a Kodiak Island blacktail deer hunting trip to break in the rifle, no clue if it happened but he'd hunted the island in the 80's and said that he would one day go back with his own wildcat

He was planning on a Kodiak Island blacktail deer hunting trip to break in the rifle, no clue if it happened but he'd hunted the island in the 80's and said that he would one day go back with his own wildcat
If I make a trip to Kodiak Island it won't be for the deer. 😁

I won't be shooting a 6.5 either!

As much as I've enjoyed the 6.5LRM though it's just making me want to see how much more I can get out of the full sized necked down case.