Tikka 300 wm to 6.5 prc

That's really nice. I'm torn between buying a fierce or rebarrel tikka. I didn't find anything on tikka releasing a factory 6.5 prc. I guess I could always settle for a 6.5cm I have my bases covered with other rifles in 28n, 300rum and I also have a tikka 7mm08 that is a tack driver I just don't want to wear it out by taking it to range every trip.

Wear it out! Then replace it with a nicer custom barrel (Bartlein, Krieger, etc....). I mean you're probably look at 3500 - 4000 rounds before it's worn out. That's a lot of bullets!

I've built a 7saum and 6cm on Tikka actions. It started with hating long wait times for the custom actions I wanted. No regrets, love em both!!
But nothing wrong with buying a new rifle either. ;{)

Not much to add, other than I'd go with an Axial stock. Company finally got the negative comb right.

I love my CA in the PRC! Go with a 24" barrel length for the velocity. The 22" wouldn't be that big a gain over a 24" 6.5 CM (I don't think) I believe mine is a 1:8 twist, and I have shot a 1/2 dozen groups with the 143g ELD-X and H1000 powder that measures from .21" to .38" . Like the previous post...IT IS LEGIT!

I love my CA in the PRC! Go with a 24" barrel length for the velocity. The 22" wouldn't be that big a gain over a 24" 6.5 CM (I don't think) I believe mine is a 1:8 twist, and I have shot a 1/2 dozen groups with the 143g ELD-X and H1000 powder that measures from .21" to .38" . Like the previous post...IT IS LEGIT!
Which CA is it?

JMack, before giving my advice I have to ask a few questions..
why the 6.5 PRC? you have the perfect platform for a 264 Win Mag, fast twist long range hunting or target gun and you want to go PRC? I do not get it? you could have gone so many great ways but 6.5 PRC? I do not get it..
Yea, I have fired the 6.5 PRC and though that it was just a waste of a time. yes, personal opinion.

Have a bone stock 300 win T3x Superlite that doesn't get much use. i want to jump on the 6.5 prc train. Re-barrel or buy factory 6.5? I like tikka actions I have others just no need for the slow twist .30 cal.
if rebarrel what brand? Was thinking proof 22"? This won't be a dedicated rifle for one use it will be target and possibly hunting.

thanks jmack

Hold on!!

At this years Shot Show Tikka said they will be announcing a 6.5 PRC RIFLE SOME TIME THIS YEAR. Sako has already made available a PRC in the new Sako s20 you can buy now for around $1600. Bad Rock rifles (owned by Defiant Machine ) now offers a rifle with a stainless action, right hand or left, for $1995. It's just a matter of time. Bill

JMack, before giving my advice I have to ask a few questions..
why the 6.5 PRC? you have the perfect platform for a 264 Win Mag, fast twist long range hunting or target gun and you want to go PRC? I do not get it? you could have gone so many great ways but 6.5 PRC? I do not get it..
Yea, I have fired the 6.5 PRC and though that it was just a waste of a time. yes, personal opinion.
It's what I think I want. Maybe I do not. My collection as I stated above is relatively small, 7mm08, 28N, 300win and my 300RUM. I'm looking for something to take to the range and practice shooting steel with, tinker with different bullets, and possibly/probably hunt with.....deer sized game. ive been reading and it seemed to me that the prc fit the bill.

Hold on!!

At this years Shot Show Tikka said they will be announcing a 6.5 PRC RIFLE SOME TIME THIS YEAR. Sako has already made available a PRC in the new Sako s20 you can buy now for around $1600. Bad Rock rifles (owned by Defiant Machine ) now offers a rifle with a stainless action, right hand or left, for $1995. It's just a matter of time. Bill
Ok! Waiting....

Hold on!!

Wow is that s20 nice! Are they available now?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.