300 PRC necked to 6.5

We have that in the Sherman improved version of the 300 PRC. I guy in Montana took a bunch of game with it last year including moose. He can run the 156 Berger past 3500' but settled on a load in mid 3300's to gain some barrel life.
Its a lot faster than a WM!
Not all Win Mags. I'll give them a run for the money when fireforming is complete. This is fireforming, 1 grain under max load.
8730C3D6-2EAF-4538-B164-E64636987C93.jpeg

Serious question, but isn't the 26 nosler essentially a 375 roogah necked down to 6.5? Seems like neck length and +or- 1 grain capacity is a lot of squeeze for little reward.

How do you pick up kodiak women on Friday night..... Forklift.

Serious question, but isn't the 26 nosler essentially a 375 roogah necked down to 6.5? Seems like neck length and +or- 1 grain capacity is a lot of squeeze for little reward.

How do you pick up kodiak women on Friday night..... Forklift.
Nope, the 26 Nosler is based on a completely different case (300 RUM) and about 8-10gr more powder for a minimal increase in performance.

Nope, the 26 Nosler is based on a completely different case (300 RUM) and about 8-10gr more powder for a minimal increase in performance.
Didn't realize that, seems like the 6.5 wildcats and standards come in various capacities and 2 grain increments.

Your original post didn't indicate the performance level you seek to achieve with the project. What are your goals? The 6.5 space is filled with various levels of velocity-energy from 6.5X54MS to Weatherby's 6.5X300. If "different" is the goal sally forth. If application to purpose is the goal there are many proven routes existent. Reviewing your idea I doubt you'll pull ahead of 6.5 RPM numbers. An excellent cartridge in and of itself.