300 Norma mag

Mikiedem

I have done lots of searches for load data on 300 Norma mag and 230 hybrids, some are using Retumbo, some V570 and the occasional H1000. Question is what are some of you using for powders? I have been playing with H1000 and results are so so. Maybe I am expecting too much from this round or just not using the right powder. Any info would be great, besides going and looking on the Hide. Thanks guys

Mine is a improved but I've used H-1000, VV N-570, and R-33 in it. I think that plus Retumbo are going to be the 4 best powders. Capacity wise your between a .300 Weatherby and a .300 RUM. So what works in them will work in the .300 Norma.

Thanks for the reply. I have thought about RL33 but will probably just keep working H1000.

I've been hearing guys using Hodgdon's 50BMG powder with excellent results. May want to look into that stuff as well. Even slower then the rest.

xdeano

Thanks xdeano, I was inputting the slower powders like BMG50 into quickload and looked like I would'nt get a complete burn but guess you really won't know till its tried.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 214
Proud of it like Vihtavouri powder. I am correct in thinking that Norma 217 replaced MBR 2 but with a slightly slower burn rate?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.