300 Norma Mag Improved. Follow along!!!

Just curious, why?
I wanted more of a lighter traditional stock on this rifle. I have eh1's on a few of my more dedicated prone hunting rifles but this one will see a mix of hunting uses.
What brake is that?
Live Oak Accuracy Delta Brake. It's not the most effective at recoil reduction but does a good job while not being too loud. I have them on 7 rifles currently.

And the problem is ??????
It's just unnecessarily huge lol. I'm basically trying to talk myself out of spending $4k lol.

But also probably don't want to **** with another short tubed scope after my recent devastating experience :(.

The TT 315M looks kind of enticing, but I definitely prefer a higher mag range for my paper and steel sessions, just for seeing impacts.

The March 3-24 might just be staying put honestly.

Silly question... Can you just put a rail on it/get one made and make life easy for yourself?
It has a rail milled into the action already. So I'm kind of "limited" on mounting options. Even though I've mounted 7 different scopes to this same action and this was the first one I've had an issue with. The Leupold Mark 5 3.6-18 was cutting it close, but still managed good eye relief.

It has a rail milled into the action already. So I'm kind of "limited" on mounting options. Even though I've mounted 7 different scopes to this same action and this was the first one I've had an issue with. The Leupold Mark 5 3.6-18 was cutting it close, but still managed good eye relief.
Gotcha, I didn't know the two piece was milled in there. I assumed it was bolted on bases, and perhaps a full bolt on rail was an option.

Gotcha, I didn't know the two piece was milled in there. I assumed it was bolted on bases, and perhaps a full bolt on rail was an option.
Ohhhhh, I see why you could think that! But nope, she's on there for good! I much prefer an integrated rail over an aftermarket bolt on one.

I almost had that same issue with the NX8 2.5-20 on my Bat Vampire, threw on some 1.125" NF rings and it worked great. I'm running an XLR chassis though, so I was just able to simply raise my cheek rest.....

The NX8 4-32x50 might be worth a look as well, it is 28.6 oz, and wouldn't have the mounting issues.
Yeah a chassis would make the cheek rise much more manageable!! I actually couldn't slide it any further back because the scope bell was hitting the ring also :(. I really didn't like the 1" high rings either, but I really wanted to use that scope lol.

I've had a 4-32 before. Sweet scope! I just like testing things out lol. I like the 3-24 March more than the 4-32 NX8 though. I think if I go back to NF it'll have to be the ATACR line

Sighted in the new scope at 200 and then took it out to 700. 5 shot group was .75 MOA, then I made a .2 mil adjustment and shot the bullseye. Not GREAT but also not terrible considering there was already solid mirage in the air. Then killed a coyote at 200 yards on the way home. So a solid early morning of shooting. Took 3.0 Mil for 700 yard center impact at sea level.

I ended up bringing my 200 yard zero up .1 mil (it was cutting the bottom of the bullseye) and bringing the BC from .28 to the stated .272 G7 to compensate for the initial .2 mil low impacts.

821A1DDF-835B-42B0-9256-488B1560FEC7.jpeg

2DBBDADA-80DD-4585-AB87-470A1C0AEF3F.jpeg

B755B68F-FB94-49B2-A46B-5BD01140EBB1.jpeg

529F8A15-369D-4B1A-9666-7FC8529DBB6F.jpeg