300 Norma Mag Improved. Follow along!!!

my 22" barreled 300 NIMP will run he 215 over 3000 very nicely with little trouble and with h1k or n570. I dint try any 181 hammers but its the same case cap as RUM or real close so running them too 3400 wont be an issue in a 26" I wouldn't think with h1k
I agree. I had them at around 3400 with ejector marks, but no heavy bolt lift or flat primers. But the accuracy wasn't there and I didn't want to chase it at the cost of my freshly formed brass. But I think I'll be chasing some extra speed before long I'm sure lol

I agree. I had them at around 3400 with ejector marks, but no heavy bolt lift or flat primers. But the accuracy wasn't there and I didn't want to chase it at the cost of my freshly formed brass. But I think I'll be chasing some extra speed before long I'm sure lol
ive found .005-.015" off the lands at 1gr below max for the 181 HH is money !!!

ive found .005-.015" off the lands at 1gr below max for the 181 HH is money !!!
I'm seated at max length and am .03 from Jam. Which is about .01 from lands with the hammer. So I feel really good about that. And I had ejector marks at 95gr H1000 and none at 94gr. Which coincidentally was the tightest group lol. Sounds like we have the same exact experiences with them. I'm just 70fps less than I figured I would be. But hey, 3330fps isn't necessarily slow I guess lol.

Barrel should still speed up a bit over the next ~50-80rds. Plus with this local weather pattern we're having, just shoot later in the day and you may hit your desired speed...
I'll keep an eye on it while verifying it out at distance and what not and keep you guys updated on any changes.

I mounted my March 3-24X52 just to check it out. I believe .87 height seekins rings, and **** it fits perfect. Perfect eye relief with my head placement on the stock and 1/8" lower for better cheek weld than the 1" rings will be for the 4.5-28. I have a solid back up if I'm just simply not happy with the fitment of the 4.5-28 now. Also changes the weight from 9.16lbs to 8.75lbs. We have options!
4F14D1CE-D00F-4116-BAC1-396DB39C3AEF.jpeg

Nice looking rifle I bet it will be hammer. My HCA 300 NMI is still happily shooting 230 hybrids on Retumbo into tiny groups at 3100 fps on an upper end node but not really hot Recently swapped the brake and the manners eh1 for a Mesa precision, as shown it's 10lb 46oz loaded. Still thinking I will get it cerakoted some day.
B7F0A1B7-8284-4C7D-B8E1-543F6A1EF3AE.jpeg

Nice looking rifle I bet it will be hammer. My HCA 300 NMI is still happily shooting 230 hybrids on Retumbo into tiny groups at 3100 fps on an upper end node but not really hot Recently swapped the brake and the manners eh1 for a Mesa precision, as shown it's 10lb 46oz loaded. Still thinking I will get it cerakoted some day.
View attachment 373894
Awesome!! Good to hear!!

It pains me to say, but the March FX 4.5-28 just simply isn't going to work on this rifle for me. Even with higher rings and slid all the way back until the scope bell hits the front ring, it still isn't back far enough. I put my 3-24X52 on and will proceed with that scope until I decide if it's going to stay on there for the season.

Definitely going to stick to the lower .87 height rings. So I'll be researching some 30mm tube, 50mm objective scopes in that 30oz range for now for fun lol

It pains me to say, but the March FX 4.5-28 just simply isn't going to work on this rifle for me. Even with higher rings and slid all the way back until the scope bell hits the front ring, it still isn't back far enough. I put my 3-24X52 on and will proceed with that scope until I decide if it's going to stay on there for the season.

Definitely going to stick to the lower .87 height rings. So I'll be researching some 30mm tube, 50mm objective scopes in that 30oz range for now for fun lol
I am sure you know this, but I will mention it anyway.
LOP is usually shortened when shooting from the prone position. So, you really need to be careful getting it too close to your eye. Good luck!

What brake is that?
View attachment 373894

There's a ZCO in your future my friend!