300 gr Accubond

Larry87

Hello all. I had a quick question about the 300 gr Accubond in 338 Lapua (my rifle: savage 110ba). I was able to find this bullet and no others in 300 gr so I bought 50 of them. Does any have any loads already concocted? I have retumbo, h1000, and vv n570 to work with and Winchester lrm primers. I was think about starting at 86 gr on retumbo and working up from there. Is this a decent starting point? Thank you for any help/ guidance.

Hello all. I had a quick question about the 300 gr Accubond in 338 Lapua (my rifle: savage 110ba). I was able to find this bullet and no others in 300 gr so I bought 50 of them. Does any have any loads already concocted? I have retumbo, h1000, and vv n570 to work with and Winchester lrm primers. I was think about starting at 86 gr on retumbo and working up from there. Is this a decent starting point? Thank you for any help/ guidance.

Larry87,

The newest Nosler reloading manual (#7) states 91.0 gr. as Max. and 87.0 as the lowest for H1000.

86.0 gr. would be a very good place to start.

They say nothing about the other powder but do mention Viht N560 having 84.0 Max.
and 80.0 as lowest of the three loads that they show.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.