300 DAKOTA and WEATHERBY SHOOTERS

RWS makes .375 H&H brass and I've considered trying some for my gun but I've heard the case capacity is really low because it's such heavy walled brass. I may try some anyway just to see what the difference actually is after fireforming.

I used 6.5x65 RWS brass for my 6.5 and 300 Sherman cartridge and it is VERY thick heavy brass. You won't gain anything in velocity because you have to run higher pressure (and you can) but it was also two bucks a pop:D I liked it because I was looking for length but I probably won't buy any more at that price......Rich

The cost is 37.00 per 20 cases which is about double the cost of 8 Mag brass but if it last twice as long it might be worth it. If you lose too much case capacity and have to try and make it up with pressure it's not worth it. Some is ok but a lot is not.

Aren't .375 Ruger cases about 1.20 each? 1.85 each isn't that much more to me if they last better. Remington belted magnum brass is SOFT. When you could get Winchester .375 H&H it lasted much longer.

The cost is 37.00 per 20 cases which is about double the cost of 8 Mag brass but if it last twice as long it might be worth it. If you lose too much case capacity and have to try and make it up with pressure it's not worth it. Some is ok but a lot is not.

Aren't .375 Ruger cases about 1.20 each? 1.85 each isn't that much more to me if they last better. Remington belted magnum brass is SOFT. When you could get Winchester .375 H&H it lasted much longer.

I think my 6.5x65 RWS brass was about two grains less capacity. They will definitely last longer "when loaded to equal pressure" but I don't think I will buy anymore. I can get the 375 Ruger brass for just under $1.00 apiece in a box of 50 and most good stores now stock it.......Rich
p.s. Build a 30/375 S.I. and forget about it :)>)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.