"30 Nosler is a very impressive round" says Josh at Copper Creek Cartridge Company

Case capacity in grains H20:
300 WSM -79.0
308 Norma Mag - 86.5
300 Win Mag - 93.8
30 Nosler - 99.0
300 Weatherby - 100.3
300 Norma Mag - 103.0
300 Rem Ultra - 112.5
30-378 Wby - 133.0

Not much gain over my .300 Win Mag. I am pushing 208s at 2950fps with 74.0gr of IMR 7828.

Has anyone had a chance to try these with some LRXs or ELDXs yet? I'm curious to see how the 200gr ELDX would do in this case or how fast the 175gr LRX could be pushed down range. I think those two loads would cover all my needs.

Why not just stick with the 28Nosler pushing the 195s at over 3100? Can the 30Nosler pushing a 215 or 230 even compare with those balistics?

The 30 nosler has been running 3050-3075 with 215 hybrids with retumbo and single digit ES!!! its an awesome tweener round and fits in a standard length mag box even with 215 hybrids where they should be. with 230gr hybrid it runs mid 29's in the ones I've shot and this is comparable to the norma!! super accurate, short powder column and oh did i mention accurate!!!!

"""Why not just stick with the 28Nosler pushing the 195s at over 3100? Can the 30Nosler pushing a 215 or 230 even compare with those balistics?"""

^^^^^yes it can, your really not giving up anything to the 195 in these given parameters and when compared apples to apples there twins! the frontal area of the 30 cal 215 @ 230gr just hit harder and do more damage structurally from waht ive seen...same goes for stepping up to a 300 gr 338 vs a 230 gr 30 cal the difference is very noticeable! not saying the 28 or 7rum with 195 isn't awesome and wind defying but the bigger 30's and 338's at any distance flat out wreck stuff!!!

"""""The issue with the RUM even in a CFE-9 you will compromise seating depth to run through a mag, you have no room to chase the lands with a 230 Berger which is thee bullet to shoot for long range from a RUM if your wanting to get the most out of it. So with a little better seating position the Nosler may put a guy in a very strong position both in velocity and seating position. Very similar to running a 300 Norma Mag without the Lapua bolt face!""""

^^^^^Ive tested the OAL on the 230 berger and 300 rum extensively (its one of my very favorites) and with the wyatts cfe 9 4.00" box mag and the right set up on the 300rum/230 berger chamber and throat will give you awesome results while utilizing that big case. it won't hinder the round as much as most think and putting the bullet where it needs to be instead of ridiculously far out in the neck will give you full potential and still function through a mag for the life of the barrel. The false pretence that the bergers have to jammed or within .005" of lands to shoot for **** has went the way of the dodo bird ha ha!! The hybrids are not picky and do some experimenting with depth it will surprise you!!! and bigreen is right the 30 nosler is the 300 norma without need of the bigger BF.

The 30 nosler has been running 3050-3075 with 215 hybrids with retumbo and single digit ES!!! its an awesome tweener round and fits in a standard length mag box even with 215 hybrids where they should be. with 230gr hybrid it runs mid 29's in the ones I've shot and this is comparable to the norma!! super accurate, short powder column and oh did i mention accurate!!!!

"""Why not just stick with the 28Nosler pushing the 195s at over 3100? Can the 30Nosler pushing a 215 or 230 even compare with those balistics?"""

^^^^^yes it can, your really not giving up anything to the 195 in these given parameters and when compared apples to apples there twins! the frontal area of the 30 cal 215 @ 230gr just hit harder and do more damage structurally from waht ive seen...same goes for stepping up to a 300 gr 338 vs a 230 gr 30 cal the difference is very noticeable! not saying the 28 or 7rum with 195 isn't awesome and wind defying but the bigger 30's and 338's at any distance flat out wreck stuff!!!

"""""The issue with the RUM even in a CFE-9 you will compromise seating depth to run through a mag, you have no room to chase the lands with a 230 Berger which is thee bullet to shoot for long range from a RUM if your wanting to get the most out of it. So with a little better seating position the Nosler may put a guy in a very strong position both in velocity and seating position. Very similar to running a 300 Norma Mag without the Lapua bolt face!""""

^^^^^Ive tested the OAL on the 230 berger and 300 rum extensively (its one of my very favorites) and with the wyatts cfe 9 4.00" box mag and the right set up on the 300rum/230 berger chamber and throat will give you awesome results while utilizing that big case. it won't hinder the round as much as most think and putting the bullet where it needs to be instead of ridiculously far out in the neck will give you full potential and still function through a mag for the life of the barrel. The false pretence that the bergers have to jammed or within .005" of lands to shoot for **** has went the way of the dodo bird ha ha!! The hybrids are not picky and do some experimenting with depth it will surprise you!!! and bigreen is right the 30 nosler is the 300 norma without need of the bigger BF.

Awesome , thanks for the info .

Elk Hunter,
Do you mind sharing your load information? How much Retumbo? Seating depth? Primer? Barrel length?
Thanks,
Jett

Does anybody out there have a decent starting point on load data for 30 nosler with 210 berger vld's. ive heard retumbo 83-84 grns or substitute load data from noslers reloading book. Rifle is terminus action,proof sendero barrel,proof lighteight hunter stock,trigger tech etc.

Does anybody out there have a decent starting point on load data for 30 nosler with 210 berger vld's. ive heard retumbo 83-84 grns or substitute load data from noslers reloading book. Rifle is terminus action,proof sendero barrel,proof lighteight hunter stock,trigger tech etc.
Do you have any H1000?

the Nosler load data book is good start point !! all barrels chambers etc. are diff so just start low and work up ..

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.