30 Nosler 2023

Just purchased a REM 700 pre-fit barrel in 30 Nosler. You guys sold me. Got it 130 bucks off at Carbon Six. Got sendaro profile, 24", 5/8" threads for muzzle brake. No custom throat, but .720 counter bore for m16 extractor. I normally run mack brothers bolts. They are sweet.
That's awesome! I'm salivating over one.

I have one built on Rem 700 now with proof 1-10 and a manners ,trigger tech and it's one one my most accurate rifles I've had
And was insanely easy to get a very accurate load for. ADG brass with 205 elite and RL26 at 3100 fps. I love the 30 Nosler so much that I'm building a second one right now. View attachment 509116
Nice looking rifle and one heck of a buck!

I had a Remington 700 in 300 RUM rebarreled to a longer throated (.263") 30 Nosler. The action was cut for a Wyatt's MBE-3 mag box but my 230 gr Berger loads would fit in the factory box. It has a 24" 9 twist Bartlein 3 barrel. I am thinking about having a second 300 RUM, this one in a Remington 700 KS, made into a 23-24" 30 Nosler for use with 200 gr or lighter bullets.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

I thought about specifying a longer throat but have no idea exactly what bullet I want to use. Do you guys have good penetration with bergers and ELD-X's on Elk? I have always been a Joeseph Von Benedikt deciple going specifically with bonded or monometal for crushing bone at awkeward angles. Thinking maybe a Barnes LRX.

I thought about specifying a longer throat but have no idea exactly what bullet I want to use. Do you guys have good penetration with bergers and ELD-X's on Elk? I have always been a Joeseph Von Benedikt deciple going specifically with bonded or monometal for crushing bone at awkeward angles. Thinking maybe a Barnes LRX.
The only elk I've shot I did with a 180 Berger out of a 300 WM, 200 yards, DRT. I don't think you'll have an issue unless it's a severely quartering to/away shot.

I knew I shouldn't have opened this thread, now I want one! What reamer are you guys using? My understanding is that the SAAMI freebore is suboptimal. thanks
H
I wouldn't say it's suboptimal but there's definitely room for improvement. All that said, my rifle is a SAAMI chamber and I'm getting acceptable performance for what I want.

I would love some help with mine... I'm about ready to try a different cartridge I'm so frustrated... Please email me [email protected]
Hands down the most efficient 30 cal out there. And I don't agree with the noslers being finicky at all. Quite the opposite. Besides the 7 saum it's one of my favorites. I shoot 245's in them. Also 215's. You can pm me on the loads if you want help.

I have a #3 bartlein barrel on a kelby action for my 30 Nosler. I throated it for the 245s at 3.75 but for break in, I just threw some retumbo and 215s together and got sweet load without really trying. I haven't even played with the 245s since it shoots the 215s so good but now that the weather is cooling, I am going to try them out.
I'm shooting 215 Bergers with retumbo as well. Can't seem to get mine to shoot very well at all. Very frustrated.. can I get your load specs?

I would love some help with mine... I'm about ready to try a different cartridge I'm so frustrated... Please email me [email protected]
So walk us through your process. Hard to tell you anything without what you have done with it and what you have not done with it.

Last edited:
My my 700 30nos 1:9 x-caliber. I built mine for deer pig but after load development. I'd punch a hole in a elk with it. 124 hammer hunters just under 3700fps. First pic. Big hole is 5 day 2 shot cold bore group. 10 shots total. 3 lower shots. Where to get it on paper and close to where I wanted it zero.
Second pic 2 shots at 200 and 250 yards back to back no cooling.

Attachments

• 20240507_155553.jpg
    20240507_155553.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 13
  • FB_IMG_1690400485169.jpg
    FB_IMG_1690400485169.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 14