30 nosler?

quickload shows both cases at 3.340
Both cartridges could be that length, or a hundred other same lengths, if the bullet was seated in the right spot for them to be that length but neither case is that length.

the 30 nosler case is 2.556 the 300 wm is 2.620 saami, both are 3.340 coal and the 30 nosler with a 210gr bullet holds 87.3 gr water while the 300wm with the same 210gr buller holds 78.2 gr of water in the 8th edition of the reloading guide. the other comparison mentioned was the 300 weatherby, 2.825 case and a 3.560 coal, same 210gr bullet 90 gr of water.

You can not rechamber from 300WM but 30-06 or 308 yes.

It can do everything the RUM can do with narrow exceptions.

It is more "efficient" when you opt for a 24" barrel. Likes a 26" better though. A RUM looses so much with a 24" they are virtually the same.

The recoils is only slightly less.

Mine is actually a 308/26 Nosler. Basically a real 30 Nosler reamer run in to the same depth as a 26 Nosler. This was done because I make my brass from 26 Nosler.

It's a dam fine design.

Mine should be finished by the time warm weather gets here. I've only been working on it for two years. I should become a Gunsmith.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.