30 Nosler 2023

7mm man

Anyone have any insight into reloading and using a 30 Nosler for big game hunting? I saw some older threads but nothing within the last few years. I was thinking of doing a build because it fits in a standard long action with magnum bolt, seems to chuck 200 or so grain bullets around 300 fps, and is not a belted case. The only possible issue is I hear the Nosler magnum cartridges can be finicky, but that is just what I heard. No real world experience. I don't have a big 30 caliber rifle in my arsenal, so I was looking to build off a standard REM 700 long action with magnum bolt.

I have one built on Rem 700 now with proof 1-10 and a manners ,trigger tech and it's one one my most accurate rifles I've had
And was insanely easy to get a very accurate load for. ADG brass with 205 elite and RL26 at 3100 fps. I love the 30 Nosler so much that I'm building a second one right now.
805CE95A-B760-46F7-87E4-7E06228838C0.jpeg

Hands down the most efficient 30 cal out there. And I don't agree with the noslers being finicky at all. Quite the opposite. Besides the 7 saum it's one of my favorites. I shoot 245's in them. Also 215's. You can pm me on the loads if you want help.
I know I've read it in other threads but can you refresh my memory on your velocity you achieve with the 245 longtine ?

As far as custom barrels I have done one X-Caliber Remage and two Carbon Six Remington shouldered. All were carbon fiber pre-fit. I prefer the shouldered as they look better and easily take an M-16 extractor. I have a proof on my Savage 110 ultralight and it is lights out crazy accurate. If Carbon Six does a sale for black friday I might go with them. In not, maybe McGowan steel barrel. I have had no issues with Carbon Six. The barrels are never 100% headspaced to the REM actions, but I have the tools to true the actions. I just shave off a thou or so where ever it is needed and make them fit.