30 Cal Mag for Hunting

I had the same problem and caved 😂 300 Norma is the way to go. Mine is the improved with a 35 degree shoulder. Great brass short enough to the biggest bullets without needing 4in mag and enough powder capacity to drive the big bullets. What is not to love ❤️

I would love to see real world hot load numbers for 300 Norma (unimproved)
150 grain projectiles on up to the big Atips.

Better brass (lapua), almost equal performance, feeds and fits in most magazines when loaded long were as the rum needs a 4in+ mag to reach its potential

I have been fighting a serious urge to build a 308 Norma mag.Why?? I don't know,just want one. :)
Very close to 30-338 same load data I have a 308 norma my dad gave to me on my 25 th birthday a pre64 mod 70 it shoots very well brass is a bit pricey that's why I would build the 30-338 they are almost identical and you can make brass from the 7 rm or 338 win .. just my 2 cents, have a great day! shoot straight...

I had the same problem and caved 😂 300 Norma is the way to go. Mine is the improved with a 35 degree shoulder. Great brass short enough to the biggest bullets without needing 4in mag and enough powder capacity to drive the big bullets. What is not to love ❤️
I really like 35 degree shoulders, I'm sure it'll be an awesome rifle but fire forming is a deal breaker for me. Been there done that
Why not a straight 30 Nosler with 100 grain capacity, or a 30-28 Nosler with a capacity of 103 ish?

I really like 35 degree shoulders, I'm sure it'll be an awesome rifle but fire forming is a deal breaker for me. Been there done that
Why not a straight 30 Nosler with 100 grain capacity, or a 30-28 Nosler with a capacity of 103
30-28 Nosler has 94 ish capacity vs the Normas 110 ish. I may hydro form my cases to save powder and primers. Norma also has lapua brass. Also always wanted a lapua based case 😂

I've been a 300 Weatherby supporter since the early 80's. Have had several other 300 mags including a 30-338 (pre64 300 H&H rechambered ) and had good results with all of them. I currently have a model 70 Classic SS with 3.6" mag in 300 WBY that is on the down hill slide. Thinking of a rebarrel in 300 PRC. Should be able to get Weatherby performance with better options for loading heavier bullets in this rifle.

30-28 Nosler has 94 ish capacity vs the Normas 110 ish. I may hydro form my cases to save powder and primers. Norma also has lapua brass. Also always wanted a lapua based case 😂
I've been seeing 107 for the 300 NM improved.
The 30 nosler ADG brass is 101 grains, and the 30-28 is 103 not 94..
Where did you get that information?
Lapua brass is dang good
Have fun

I've been seeing 107 for the 300 NM improved.
The 30 nosler ADG brass is 101 grains, and the 30-28 is 103 not 94..
Where did you get that information?
Lapua brass is dang good
Have fun
Looked it up and it was what came up under the Wikipedia page may be wrong though. I don't have any to measure.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.