30 378 weatherby

We have used a few, we have loaded 115.5 grains of H50BMG--and 165 Serria--if i remeber right it was not extreme either very light load but accurate in the accumarks we shot it in.the 7828 worked best with 180-185 grain bullets--start around 93 grains. I don't have my other loads. We used 7828ssc and H50BMG mostly and found the H50BMG to work well..might try the new slow endron IMR powder I sold mine due to it not wanting to shoot anything heavier than 180s, and I wanted it for 215-230 grain bullets--one of the few rifles I could not get to cooperate.

Last edited:
I use 200 grain partitions and Accubonds in mine, along with Fed 215 primers and 117 grains of H 50 BMG. this is a good, accurate load that does not exhibit pressure signs. My chamber has the SAMMI freebore and is loaded to mag length. I have tried more powder and gained very little velocity, but the muzzle flash was noticeably more.

In my rifle it will shoot well under 1/4 MOA with the best group being .092 thousandths for 5 shots.

The 30 /378 can be a little picky for the best loads, but when you get everything right, it can be amazing.

J E CUSTOM

I shot 200 accubonds in mine with retumbo. I was getting 3100 ish and half MOS accuracy from a factory weatherby. Liked the gun but ended up letting it go.

I cant imagine what it's like shooting that monster off the bench

I cant imagine what it's like shooting that monster off the bench

I just "crunched" some numbers. If I'm anywhere close on the weight ( scope+ rifle), recoil would be a little "sporty"....but, certainly not unbearable. About 6.5 ft/lbs. more than my wife's rifle, and about 4.0 ft/lbs less than mine. You certainly would not want to shoot bench-rest competition with it! :oops: memtb

I just "crunched" some numbers. If I'm anywhere close on the weight ( scope+ rifle), recoil would be a little "sporty"....but, certainly not unbearable. About 6.5 ft/lbs. more than my wife's rifle, and about 4.0 ft/lbs less than mine. You certainly would not want to shoot bench-rest competition with it! :oops: memtb

I shot a friends 460WBY offhand exactly ONCE. I handed it back to him and told him that I will never shoot that beast again.

I shot 375's, 458's and a 416 Rigby with no problem but that 460 was outragous

I shot a friends 460WBY offhand exactly ONCE. I handed it back to him and told him that I will never shoot that beast again.

I shot 375's, 458's and a 416 Rigby with no problem but that 460 was outragous

I've never had the opportunity to shoot a .460 Bee., but, would like to......at least once! I once shot a .416 Rigby through a #1 Ruger, a real "kitty" cat ( no violation ;))......at least from a standing position! memtb

I use the 200 gr Nosler part in mine over 115 grs of H-870 with a Fed 215. I get .75 MOA and average appx 3215 ft/sec. I've tried several other powders (RL-33, H-5010, Norma 217, Retumbo), but always found H-870 the best. As far as primers the only one that I found suitable was the 215. With other primers I would get hang fires, pressure spikes etc. JME

I had a 28 inch barrel 9 twist and 2.5 inch brake for 30+ inches. 220 gr. Hornady ELD-X Berger,
30 Caliber .308 Diameter 230 Grain Match Hybrid OTM Tactical and of course the 240 match kings. If you have a 10 :1 twist you should look at 220 grain and less.

But anyway after trying every powder I narrowed it down to 120 grains of US 869 like for the above 220 hornady. They would chrono right at 3200 fps with a low ES. I loaded up a bunch of 210's for elk hunting one year and I just used 122 grains of us 869

The 210's are accubond long range. As a kid I grew up bird hunting with a 12 gauge. From years of 3 inch mags in an auto loader and pump guns big rifles just didn't seem so bad. Brakes make all the difference. You could practice with light loaded 175's or so and then work up to the 210's full power.

Reloader 50 powder was not out yet when I got rid of my accumark. But it might be worth trying

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts