30-378 Weatherby load

Windtech1

I'm loading for an Accumark 30-378. I want to use Retumbo and Berger 185 VLDs. Berger manual max load is 107.5 gr but only 3184 f/s. I want the speed the round can deliver, around 3400 f/s. I know how to look for overpressured loads but I do not have chronograph. Does anybody have an already worked up load for this rifle, powder, bullet combo?

I have a whole notebook full of data for this round but have no idea where it is. Big help huh? However one thing I do remember for certain, after much experimentation I found that H1000 was the powder to use. Cannot remember the exact load but will try to find it. No help I know but FWIW I love that caliber.

Have you found that retumbo the best or RL 25 I've tried bot and can't get any kind of a group! I'm shooting with a silencer also maybe that has something to do with it but the manufacturer said it would improve accuracy?
Anyone else have any ideas or a good starting point for a load?

I've tried Retumbo from 102-113 grains no accuracy
Also RL 25 from 96-98 grains no accuracy

Oal 3.648
185 Bergers

Any advice would be very appreciated!
Thanks

I would start by skim bedding the rifle if you haven't already done so. Then take your best grouping load so far and play with seating depth. There's a sticky at the top of this forum about Berger's recommended method for finding ideal seating depth. Once you've got your depth dialed in you can go back to messing with powder charge again.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.