30-378 Weatherby

Go to the weatherby ballistics charts and look. With all of its huge energy out of the barrel the 460 weatherby doesn`t have a bullet that has as much energy as the 180 grain accubond at 500 yards. the 338-378 has a little more with one bullet but if you look at the percentage of energy loss on it versus the 30-378 with the 180 accubond the 338-378 fades below it at a little past 500 yards. The 378 weatherby has faded below it at 500 yards as well and percentage of energy lost is much larger. Check facts.
This is so wrong, there are no words

Actually, it isn't your limit, you've simply chosen it to be your limit which is fine. Again, it's a personal choice thing.
What we shoot as for cartridge and bullet choice makes up the vast majority of conversation on these sites.
How we shoot, as for how we support the gun gets little attention. Most guys are only interested in what they can carry along for support. Again a personal call determined by hunting style. Spot and stalk hunting isn't a reality in PA, mainly for terrain reasons. In other words, it just don't happen there.
Same locations are used year after year, and various improvements are made. A very young kid can easily be taught
To kill a deer at long range with the right platform to shoot from, And many of them do.
Yes, until I get more practice, that is the limit I've given myself.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts